Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

NuB

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mt
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: NuB Reply with quote

Hello everyone, just joined so thought i'd introduce myself.
Me name is MT and i'm an alfaholic Shocked Just bought a P4 after my 155 was written off 2 weeks ago and figured it would be a wise move to join a 33 forum so expect posts begging for help when i work out where all the noises are coming from Twisted Evil
This is my 4th P4 in 5 years but i still know bugger all about em, i've also had the pleasure of destroyi...owning a series 2 sportwagon, 4 155s and a 164.
So um.... hi!
Bellamachinna
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ....

Welcome, to the 33 fraternity....

J.Oliveira
Ian M
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MT

Welcome to the most friendly,helpful and frankly the best Alfa sight on the web.....in my humble opinion

Ian
mt
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ta for the welcome guys:)
Have searched the archives for a couple of bits of information but couldn;t find what i want, so

1: Tino, looks like you're the man to talk to about setting up a switch to go from P4 to P2. Do you have a wiring diagram?

2: I can't seem to find the plug for changing the octane rating the ECU is set up for, i know it's by the battery and i remember checking it on one of my previous P4s but can;t remember exactly what it looks like, and can't see anything that looks like it could be it on my current P4. Anyone got a pic so i know what i'm looking for?
tvatavuk
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MT, yes I have it, but I need your e-mail to send it to you.

Someoone had wire melting problems when they replaced fuse on 4x4 relay with switch without fuse, so I don't recomend doing that.

2. It usualy looks like common relay (plastic cube, sometimes yellow only there is nothing inside it except one or two shorted wires 92/95 octane), but if it's not there (98 octane setting) then all you can see is relay stand/mount with wires.
Laki
Alfasud

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is inside cabin near ECU....You cant missed it. My settings are no relay and 95 octane....It goes well and it is very fuel efficent
Deano
Alfasud

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Where is it? Reply with quote

Can someone post a photograph to show the location of this relay? I've tried to find it in the past and was left baffled! Does anyone know what effect it will have when the car is already running with a Squadra chip?
Laki
Alfasud

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm well runing with squadra chip should be alway on 98 octane, regrdles of relay....

Found picture of Ele....This part shoul be in your cabin normaly.....Here we were taking out electircal stuff Very Happy

mt
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tino, have PMed you and will take heed of the fuse/switch warning.
Cheers for the pic Laki (really don't envy you tackling the 33's electrics Shocked ), managed to locate the socket tucked away in the corner of the wing (on the opposite side to yours of course Very Happy ), no block on it so Optimax it is!

Had the cambelts changed yesterday (timed em myself though, what a fiddly job!) so getting there! Next on my list is to trace a mysterious oil leak, not leaking loads but what is being leaked is dripping onto the exhaust Confused Might have to cover that section with heatshielding temporarily to stop it smoking.

I don't know this for sure, and i'd advise checking with Squadra, but in relation to the Squadra chip question i would imagine that the standard factory chip is programmed to read the values coming from the plastic block the plastic block and adjust the mapping accordingly depending on whether you're using a block for 92, 95 or 98 Ron (no block). As Squadra specify using 98 Ron i assume it only has the one mapping and thus isn't programmed to respond to any readings coming from that block. So it doesn't matter what block is on there the Squadra chip will ignore it.
Laki
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well normaly I would go and play with electrics....In this case we are mounting engine out of this and on to casual 1.5ie....Of course solo engine doesnt do...Need set of all electrics and some suspension......

Oil leak...sure it doesnt droping from oil filter?
mt
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laki wrote:
....In this case we are mounting engine out of this and on to casual 1.5ie...

Is that for work or pleasure?
As for the oil leak, could be the filter but i'm not sure, i'll start a new thread in the maintenance/repair lounge, i have a pic i need to post with it to explain it better Confused
Laki
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curently plesaure...We are puting this in my friend car....
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum