Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

W: Permanent 4 LeftHandDrive wiring loom needed

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> For Sale & Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tvatavuk
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:36 am    Post subject: W: Permanent 4 LeftHandDrive wiring loom needed Reply with quote

I would need complete wiring looms (pic 1 engine, pic 2 console) for P4.

33 Q4 or even 33 Q4 Sportwagon could also help (no matter if there is AC or not), but in that case I would need console switches for roadhazard,fog lamps...)

I live in city of Split, on Adriatic coast in Croatia, but I'm willing to pay for DHL or other delivery service.

Tino
on foot
Pilota33
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:39 am    Post subject: Wiring loom P4 Reply with quote

Tino, i might be able to help you!

Have a complete wiring loom left from my scrapped P4, wanted to keep it for spare, but if you need it, I can help you with it.

But why do you need it?

Serge

'79 Spider 2000 Veloce
'83 AlfaSud Sprint Veloce 1.5
'83 33 1.5
'87 33 1.7 iE 16v (chipped)
'88 33 1.7 QV (A/C)
'93 33 1.7 iE S 16v Q4 SW Zender (A/C)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
tvatavuk
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Wiring loom P4 Reply with quote

Pilota33 wrote:

Have a complete wiring loom left from my scrapped P4, wanted to keep it for spare, but if you need it, I can help you with it.

But why do you need it?

Serge

thx for replay.

I need it because of fire problem I had Burn baby burn, disco infernooo... (big post).

Green wire that gives + to the ignition coil has shorted on engine, near temp sensor, so it drained power through ignition key (bloody wire is one of few in car that has direct + without fuse), unfortunatly for me it melted
ignition key lock, its connector, and a dozen of wires all the way from + pole main point from engine through to key ignition and back again to the engine, melting main engine wire loom connector and again wires up to the place where was power drainage on engine.

I was qouted 250€ by car electrician, but it wouldn't be original connectors, wires needed replacement would be welded where needed, and on top of things there is no way he could ultrasonicli weld Y wire, P4 has for ignition key lock. Funny thing is that complete wiring + ECUs for any 16v or P4 (if you can find it) is max 50€ in Italy on car junk yard.

I was in Italy on car junk yards but there wasn't any 16v with normal wiring, not to tell there wasn't P4 or Q4. (I know I would regret not buying that Q4 with AC and black leather look door trim in Italy in April)
At the moment I'm trying to aquire complete AC units with wirng loom from 16v (as it turns out 90% of 16v with AC that get to junk yard are usaualy Q4), but didn't have luck for last 2 months.
At the end I'm looking everyday my P4 standing in front of house for almost 4 months, MOT has expired a month ago.
And I don't have money to buy any other car to run untill I put it back on the road, but I use fathers Kangoo from time to time.

If you need it for spare I don't want it, I'll manage somehow sooner or later some Q4 will turn out in Italy on scrap yard.

Tino
tvatavuk
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Wiring loom P4 Reply with quote

Pilota33 wrote:

But why do you need it?

Serge

I probably sounded ungrateful up there, so I'll try to explain it a bit more.
I thank God for your post, because it needed it like a man in desert needs water.
But on the other side I know what hell I've been through for this last 4 months and I wouldn’t want it to the worst enemy let alone to fellow Alfista.
So as you see, If you can acquire other P4 wiring loom from your local junk yard easily I would gladly buy it from you, but if you can't, I don't want to get you into same trouble I've been for last 4 months. Because Hell on earth doesn't quite describe it.
In any case do you know what are prices for complete wiring looms in your country, how much would you ask for yours?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> For Sale & Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: