Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Could S3 33 adjust camber?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morgan
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:41 am    Post subject: Could S3 33 adjust camber? Reply with quote

Is it easy to adjust camber? Question

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it's not.

At the front you either buy adjustable lower suspension arms or chop and weld the current arms. Or mess around with moving the top mounting holes, I personally would avoid this route as the stresses will be out of the design spec. and could lead to the top collapsing.

The back is even tougher due to the beam axle, more serious welding required.

I take it your car is lowered!
GaryUK

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was me above
alfaqv33
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

look on the following link, you can by adapters to change your camber (at the front) http://www.biesheuvel.nl/

You have to searh, but in a few minutes you will found it!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: camber adjustment Reply with quote

It is relatively easy to adjust the camber on 33s.At the front all you have to do is elongate 3 of the 4 mounting holes at the bottom of the strut and pivot the hub on the 4th. At the rear use shims behind the stub axle carrier. I won't go into a blow by blow account of how to do it but if you can't work it out from above description and looking at your car then maybe you shouldn't be attempting to do it!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum