Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

333,333 km!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paddy granger
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: 333,333 km! Reply with quote

Tom Verwoest, founder of the Dutch Squadra 33 club has reached the holy mileage of 333,333 km!

Wink
james
Alfasud

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe thats really cool Very Happy

I would have done but i could not see any nice ones, so on the end i went for a 145 QV. Very happy with it Very Happy

But still looking for a nice cheep 33 cloverleaf.
Laki
Alfasud

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Close to imposibille to get that nubers and numbers for tank distance...eh? Confused

If it is true then real big aplause
paddy granger
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is true. All you need to do is to 'zero' the trip meter when the car reaches 333,000km! Then they should both reach 333,333 at the same time.

Cool
Sergio
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truely cool Very Happy Very Happy

Do you know if the engine is in it's original condition?

BTW what's the highest mileage known on a 33?

all the best

Sérgio
Pimp_Dudu
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehehe im more jealous of the fact that the car is with a full tank...gas prices are so bloody high that during the 2 years of me owning my alfa i've never filled it up over the half line. Embarassed Embarassed
gritsop
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Just wondering - how much does a litre of regular unleaded cost in the rest of Europe?

The mean price in Greece is 0.82€ per litre (price given by the Ministry of Development) excluding some supermarkets that offer gas in lower price. This moment they offer it at 0.75€ which hits the records both of price and quality.

Regards,

http://www.alfa-restoration.co.uk
Parts Shop: www.alfa-restoration.co.uk/shop
baiones
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in Portugal

Ron95 - 1,10€

Ron98 - 1,20€

Ron100 - 1:21€

But it depends on which station or place...

Baiones

ALFA ROMEO 33 1.5 QV
ALFA ROMEO 33 1.7 QV
ALFA ROMEO 33 s16 QV
ALFA ROMEO Sprint 1.3
ALFA ROMEO 156 SW "Train Edition" ( it's a JTD... )
Pimp_Dudu
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brrr finland, is or at least was to my knowledge quite expensive,but seeing portugal i guess not
95- 1.15e
99- 1.25e
and not sure bout diesel but a bit under an euro.

Problem is that since i came back from my holiday i've been driving the alfa like mad...i missed it so much...and i was used to the prices in Bulgaria which are around 0.65e for 95 and 0.80e for the 99...My cousin had come to visit, and even though i went out only a couple times with it i managed to spend 120eur on gas for 8days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!No idea how...well actually i do know how...practically ever person on the light had to be raced Very Happy Very Happy
Marcin
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergio wrote:

Hi,

I once had seen a 33 offered for sale on the Dutch ebay-kind-of-site, and the owner said it had over 600.000 km on the clock. However, I don't know if it was the true milage or just something to attract a crazy buyer. After all it's not too difficult to alter the odometer Confused

Fuel prices in NL:
on the cheapest gas station I could find:
95: now 1,205
diesel: 0,873

I can see the matrix display from my office, so I'll keep you posted Laughing

Cheers,

Marcin
Sergio
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baiones wrote:
Here in Portugal

Ron95 - 1,10€

Ron98 - 1,20€

Ron100 - 1:21€

But it depends on which station or place...

And the biggest problem in Portugal is that the wages are very low compared to the rest of Europe... It's becoming quite hard to drive around nowadays... Sad
Laki
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slovenia:

95: 0,85€

98: 0.88€

But still too much..
Pimp_Dudu
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow i guess i really have nothing to complain the about gas...i cant believe holland has higher prices then here, and that portugal has the same...i mean at the end of the day the wages here are quite much higher then in portugal (of course no offence to anybody). But i still can't seem to understand how i manage to waste around 60eur on gas per week...true thats one working day for me,and i get minimum wage here. But still thats if i only go to work. If i go around more like i sometimes do i can reach 100-150eur per week. The scary part is that for 2years of ownin the alfa ive driven 30.000kms, which lets say on 8l/100km is around 2500eur..as much as my car costs=))
Marcin
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pimp_Dudu wrote:
i cant believe holland has higher prices then here

The Dutch government is trying as hard as it can to keep people out of the cars by rising fuel prices. But they also realise, that public transport is very expensive and that most people will keep going by car even if gas is 2 euro per liter. So it's a nice way for them to fill Queen's wallet Sad

Cheers

Marcin
gritsop
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Also in Greece the car trend has gone higher and higher all the past years.
People are in love with their cars and they prefer to be stuck in the traffic for hours instead of using the public transportation. It only happened during the Olympic Games that public transportation had its best days soever. And people don't understand that city driving makes their car grow older within a limited period of time...

It is a good opportunity to see in the garages new cars 2-3 years old replacing radiators, water hoses, clutch and various other items which under normal driving conditions would have been replaced after 10 years of the car's life. When last year I replaced the radiator in my 33 I told the AR dealer that I was pissed off with the radiator. And he replied "radiators are for 2 years Exclamation and not 13 as yours."

In addition when gas prices rise people tend to use the public transportation slightly more;when the price goes down then here we go again with the car. Rolling Eyes

Regards,

http://www.alfa-restoration.co.uk
Parts Shop: www.alfa-restoration.co.uk/shop
Pimp_Dudu
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well in bulgarian all the cars are in sooo shitty conditions cuz basically everybody passes their MOT's with 5eur's...i mean i'm used to seeing cars here in finland, where a 40year old car looks like brand new. Then i arrived in Bulgaria where they practically drive the car until it literally cant do anything.u see 30year old trabants, moskviches and alfas in conditions that would really scare you.But then again repair shops there are really cheap.For instance i drove my aunt's old 13year old BMW which didnt have any back brakes, which had a leaking clutch and had just passed the MOT.i'm not sure how it is in other eastern european countries, but compared to western europe the situation is crazy
Marcin
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm originally form Poland, where my whole family lives, and the situation Pimp_dudu mentioned has got better over the years. But in the past there were really strange things going on, like people took two cars - one car crashed at the front, one at the back, they cut them in the middle and welded the two halfs together Shocked There were a couple of nasty accidents where a car like that broke on the weld during the driving...
Especially on the country side there are a lot of cars which could use some major overhaul, but people simply don't have money to do this, while their car often remains their only means of transportation.

Actually the amount of old cars from post-communist countries, like Wartburg, Moskvitch, Tatra, Volga etc is decreasing quite hard in Poland and more and more people buy them and make a restoration project out of it. I've seen some restored Warszawas (Polish post-war saloon) and Syrenas (small two-door car, two stroke engine), which 10 years ago had the worst reputation and everyone was getting rid of them, and which now are being beautifully restored Very Happy I'd like to have one myself...

Marcin
paddy granger
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcin,

Are there still a lot of Tatra's in Poland? Which types are popular over there - T613, 603?

I am a bit of a Tatra nut... Razz

Paddy
Marcin
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy,

actually the most popular Tatras in Poland are the T148 and T815. I especially like the T148 Wink
It was a little bit misleading to mention Tatra, because their passengers cars are extremely rare in Poland. I could have better metioned Skoda, but there are plenty of Skodas, also the older 100, 105 and 120 models. But the other makes I mentioned (Wartburg, Volga, and also Trabant) were very popular, and now their number on Polish roads is noticeably decreasing.

Do you know if Tatra company still exists, I mean the passangers car division?

Marcin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcin wrote:
Paddy,

actually the most popular Tatras in Poland are the T148 and T815. I especially like the T148 Wink
It was a little bit misleading to mention Tatra, because their passengers cars are extremely rare in Poland. I could have better metioned Skoda, but there are plenty of Skodas, also the older 100, 105 and 120 models. But the other makes I mentioned (Wartburg, Volga, and also Trabant) were very popular, and now their number on Polish roads is noticeably decreasing.

Do you know if Tatra company still exists, I mean the passangers car division?

Marcin

Marcin,

The passenger car division was closed down a couple of years ago. The last car that they made was the T700/2. Tatra passenger cars are even quite rare in the Czech Republic - I only saw two last time I was there! The T813, T815 and T148 trucks are still very popular though, as they are virtually bulletproof. My favorite is the T138, which are now quite rare.

Paddy
paddy granger
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here is a pic of a 148 for those of you who don't know!

And a T700 / 2. This car has a rear-engine 3.5 V8, and there was an option for a 4.36 Litre unit.

Cool
Lon
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergio wrote:
Truely cool Very Happy Very Happy

Do you know if the engine is in it's original condition?

all the best

Sérgio

Sergio,

The engine is still tje first engine fitted in his Alfa 33. He not only ride's on the street, but some time's he gives his 33 a track day..
Tom often can be found driving his 33 on the Nurburg Ring in Germany.

The funny part is that the day he reache 333.333 he was on his way back home from the nurburg ring Very Happy

The highest milage... I've seen an article with a 33 that had I think it was 700.000km but i'm not sure anymore.

Alfa 33 1.7 S 16v QV '92
Sergio
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

700.000kms!!!!! now that is impresive Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

BTW Lon, thanks for the info Wink

All the best

Sérgio
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum