Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Autodelta 156GTA 3.7
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt Stolton
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Confirmation Reply with quote

The throttle bodies, according to various soruces, will flow good for 225ish bhp.

I can neither confirm or deny asymetric head geometry Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil , or different sized inlet valve size Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil which would make the car torque enough around town, but flow lots of air at 7500 rpm Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Matt

Ex Alfa 33 'GTA' (P4 with Knobs On)
Now cruising in a 166 3.2 Ti!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The torque and power curves should be suprising!
Cant wait to see them
Pilota33
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Driven it! Reply with quote

Last week I got the opportunity to drive the AutoDelta 156 GTA. I made a photo session and some video tapes of it, soon they will be online.
Well, not talking about technical aspects too much, the car was great!!
Even though I ws not allowed to rev it above 5000rpm, torque was aready great. Standard the GTA 3.7 will be equipped with Intrax suspension parts from Holland (where I tested it), which means a huge difference in handling. The car corners very well, maybe springs are a bit too stiff, but this car can easily be transormed into a good track car. Power is distributed efficiently to the raod via the 30% slip differential, real torque comes in starting from 3500rpm, probably not earlier because the valves mught be a bit too big.
Throttle body works fine, the car is very drivable in traffic, but on an emty road the pedal movement is being read very well.

Exhaust sound (4 pipes, 3 catalic converters removed) is terrifying! First a nice low frequence noise, but starting from 3000 rpm it turnes into a Ferrari Maranellosound, amazing.

I'm very positive about this car (a red version of the one on the pictures above), this particular car will be tuned further soon with probably a compressor, after which I will write you a new report.

Serge
Holland

'79 Spider 2000 Veloce
'83 AlfaSud Sprint Veloce 1.5
'83 33 1.5
'87 33 1.7 iE 16v (chipped)
'88 33 1.7 QV (A/C)
'93 33 1.7 iE S 16v Q4 SW Zender (A/C)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Driven it! Reply with quote

Pilota33 wrote:
Last week I got the opportunity to drive the AutoDelta 156 GTA.
Serge
Holland

Leuk, die 'Red Devil'!

BTW, its going to be called the Autodelta 156 GT AM. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Driven it! Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Pilota33 wrote:
Last week I got the opportunity to drive the AutoDelta 156 GTA.
Serge
Holland

Leuk, die 'Red Devil'!

BTW, its going to be called the Autodelta 156 GT AM. Wink

You mean 156 GTA AM

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep
paddy granger
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gents,

Some pictures and info on the Autodelta 156 GTA AM can be found on their new website.

Matt - there is a nice photo of the engine liners on the workshop gallery page.

http://www.autodelta.co.uk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: I'm not impressed (I'd still have one though) Reply with quote

Matt Stolton wrote:

How thin must the (very) wet liners be?

Looking good to me!!! Very Happy
GaryUK

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mechanics never get the hang of roman numerals do they.
Matt Stolton
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: In my defence... Reply with quote

Much as the liners do look full thickness to me, there is no consistent space around them for coolant flow. Looks like you could localised hot spots on the bores/liners. I am still not confident in them, as inconsistent cooling must stress some areas more than others, leading to cracking and leakage of air/fluids/shite various.

I still think they could have achieved similar power, without using capacity. Hell the M5 has in excess of 100BHP per litre, that is clever "tuning". It happens to have capacity as well, but to get over 100BHP/Lit and meet emmisions puts this engine into a little perspective. 100BHP/Lit is an engineering benchmark, which this 3.7 GTA just misses.

Matt

Ex Alfa 33 'GTA' (P4 with Knobs On)
Now cruising in a 166 3.2 Ti!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum