Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

1990 Series 2 1.7 ie vs 1990 Series 3 1.7 ie

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joninaustralia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: 1990 Series 2 1.7 ie vs 1990 Series 3 1.7 ie Reply with quote

Hi there,

I am looking at a couple of 33's on Ebay australia at the moment. One is a 1990 Series 2 in superb condition with only 114,000km, the other is a 1990 Series 3 in average condition with 187,000km. Which one would you go for? I am drawn to the Series 2 as it is in really good condition and I don't like power steering in 33's - they lose the feeling. However, the guy wants too much for the Series 2, the bidding is up to $5000 (that was me) and the reserve still is not met! The other 33 is listed as a 33S (the P4) but it is not a P4 as I asked the seller, and it has a boy racer exhaust and a personalised number plate with the word RED on it which is quite tacky I think. So which to pick if any? thanks
Ben_nz
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone else interested in the Series 2? If you're the highest bidder at the end of the auction and the seller won't sell, let him relist the car and offer him the same amount next time. I think it's much easier and cheaper to buy a car in all-round good condition. It's a pain to always be fixing things and living with dents and scratches that aren't quite bad enough to spend the money repairing..

It may be different in Australia, but I had trouble finding a good condition 33 that had been well maintained. I had the money, but the only cars available were a bit rickety and needed work. =|
Try to grab the good one if you can.
Pilota33
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no clue about values of 33's in Australia (I'm from the Netherlands) but I would definately go for the series 2. I assume in Australia the rust problem isn't htat big as in rainy Holland.. Wink Series 2 are scarce here.
the technique of the cars is basically the same, late series 2's have genereally been bought by more 'calm' people, wehre later ont the series 3's were bought by young guys without enough money to well maintain their cars (In Holland).
I also prefer not to have power steering.

Follow your heart, i would say.

Serge

'79 Spider 2000 Veloce
'83 AlfaSud Sprint Veloce 1.5
'83 33 1.5
'87 33 1.7 iE 16v (chipped)
'88 33 1.7 QV (A/C)
'93 33 1.7 iE S 16v Q4 SW Zender (A/C)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ian M
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always owned series 2 33s and like them the most for looks.
However I have recently bought my 1st series 3.
I was concerned about losing feeling with the power steering but I find it to be really good,the feedback from the front wheels is almost as good as non pas cars and you have the added bonus of not having to be a gorilla to manouver it in the car park.
So in my opinion there is no need to worry about the power steering.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum