Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

How to launch a 16v

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Errol
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 1:43 pm    Post subject: How to launch a 16v Reply with quote

Hmm might be a stupid topic but i need help. Lauching my series 3 16v isn the easy of tasks. The clutch is now 1 and 1/2 years old but its long which is unusual. Anyway, if i take it out to quickly and say 3500-4000 it will bog down...if i ride it the power wont get to the car properly. Very weird clutch. What should i do? Sidestep and hope for the best or is there a technique for getting 33s quickly off the line? Any advice appreciated! Smile
ricardo
Alfasud

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 7:22 am    Post subject: gettin away Reply with quote

well if it bogs down it's probably not any thing to do with the clutch
as far as the long clutch pedal....is the lever pin broken alowing the lever to scrape the side of the bellhousing .....if it is (and it's common) it puts the relese bearing off center and can bugger the feel and action of the clutch....

alfatrofeo blog and interesting stuff .... unofficial ....
http://alfatrofeo.blogspot.com/
Serpent33
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: How to launch a 16v Reply with quote

Errol wrote:
Hmm might be a stupid topic but i need help. Lauching my series 3 16v isn the easy of tasks. The clutch is now 1 and 1/2 years old but its long which is unusual. Anyway, if i take it out to quickly and say 3500-4000 it will bog down...if i ride it the power wont get to the car properly. Very weird clutch. What should i do? Sidestep and hope for the best or is there a technique for getting 33s quickly off the line? Any advice appreciated! Smile

I can see where you are getting at. Holding it will also burn your clutch. So you try in between. As for your rev range is what I use too. Try to increase by split seconds before you fully release the cluth. You will find the optimum pace of engaging the clutch.

Or whenever you feel the car moving and power not transmitting through enough, immediately release the padal fully. You'll feel what I'm talking about.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum