Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Alfa Tail light

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aldo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:52 am    Post subject: Alfa Tail light Reply with quote

Hi can anyone offer any ifo on this subject
I have a Alfa 33 Boxer 1.7 1990 production date
and had to replace a broken tail light assy.
it was the right hand side,The original had a clear section with
WHITE horizontal lines as the indicator section,but the replacment
that the Alfa parts people have supplied is different
the new one has a clear section with RED horizontal lines ???

The rest of the light is all correct, as you can imagine it looks
very odd from the rear

Would appreciate any help

Aldo (Australia)
[/i]
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

There are at least 3 different styles of lights for the back of the late 33 (not including the differences from lhd to rhd). As well as the 2 styles you have there is also one with yellow indicators (not sure if there is one will yellow indicators and stripes as well), but these are normally on the lower spec cars

All the best

Keith

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Your tail lights were white with red stripes, when the car was new...The red stripes, faded with sun...That was a problem, that Alfa solved by changing supplier...I think that first units were Carello, and were replaced by an different maker...Mine 16v, also has that problem.
I had to buy the right tail light, and when i got to the car, it looked "strange"...So Alfa dealer i went and bougth the left one too...
Scott Sander
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Looking on the parts CD. They list Carello, Altissimo and nothing in the description update field, this looks like the manufacturers. The Altissimo were only used on the LHD vehicles. That now gives 4 different part numbers for the RHS tail light and RHD.

Now I believe the Alfa 33 Boxer 16V QV's that came into Aust are the sports model listed in the CD. So now you are down to 2 part numbers. So either 60542392 or 60585975. The last number was also used across all levels i.e. Med, El, sports, P4.

The other part numbers were 60542392 and 60586067.

But if they can’t get white strip ones new then all you can do is try a wreaker, try ASV. Pity it wasn’t the LHS you were after.

As far as fading is concerned, I don't think so. Well not to the extent that would turn the strips completely white. I'm sure I have seen a brochure somewhere with a 16V with white stripes.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum