Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Roof / door leak

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JeremyC
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Roof / door leak Reply with quote

I now know roughly were the water is coming in (as a reminder I can get several pints of water in the passenger (LH) footwell overnight when it is raining hard).

We noticed the water dripping from the door seal against the A pillar just below the edge of the dash. Inside the flap of the door seal (not the outer flap but the flappy bit of the main seal) was wet all the way up to the top and the headlining is wet in the corner where it meets the corner of the screen.

Water poured into the edge of the open sunroof comes straight out under the car so I believe the sunroof drains are doing their job.

There is a bit of a gap between the screen seal and the body in that corner but then there is the other side too and it doesn't leak there.

Or could the water be driving in the door seal near the top?

I don't really want to do this but how easy is the headlining to remove?

Your thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.

Just spotted this, hmmmmmm!

http://www.alfa-restoration.co.uk/windscreen/windscreen.htm
JeremyC
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

Day off today so I decided to get stuck in.

I took that corner of the headlining off and got my other half to squirt the hose in various directions.

The good news is that I don't belive it's the screen.

The bad news is that I think that it is fundamentally the same problem as my recent wind noise problem (!). The part of the window frame where it curves from the A post to the roof line is just not being pulled in tight enough hence wind noise and it is not compressing the seal enough.

I know a very clever body man who may be able to fiddle with hinges, I can feel a visit coming on.
JeremyC
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally fixed, maybe!

After last weeks rain I had a small pool in the passenger footwell. However Sarah noticed a drip from the headlining so I took it down and discovered that the drain hose (front left) was only just over the end of the sunroof tray drain spout.

So I pushed it hard back on and put a jubilee clip on for good measure. Hopefully that's it fixed but the next heavy rain will tell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum