Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Project on!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gfox1
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Project on! Reply with quote

G'day everyone
Over the next month I am going to begin my project! It's been a long time coming, but thanks to you guys & girls I now have the motivation to get going on it! Thank you! Smile Don't expect miracles mind you! Lol first I am stripping down the engine to see if the block or head are any good?! I am difinately going to need a set of dellorto twin 40 down drafters carbs! I want to keep the car as i brought it/to the original spec as much as possible. I will post some pics in a few weeks time! Only if you promise no to laugh! Smile maybe you guys can identify what I actually have if you don't mind please. I am not all that clued up about Alfa Romeo's let alone 33's but one thing's for sure 'I f*****g love driving it!' excuse the French! But I do miss it! Sad I will be in touch (probably with a lot of questions!)
Cheers
Gav
Ps I have a sneaky suspicion that my engine is severely damaged! So I'm still looking out for s2 1.7 8v engine
BigAl
P4

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time I drive mine it brings a smile to my face, every time I park him up, I always look back Smile
They are an addictive car, as long as you can forgive their quirks Smile
Well done on getting stuck in, ask away and update with pics, I love seeing work in progress, good luck
AL33NUT
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, keep the piccies coming. We love projects and piccies here at alfa-pages. The guys with the knowledge are always happy to share. As Al says, 33s are great fun even with the quirks. Yours like ours will always be a work in progress cos just as you think you've finished, you see something someone else has done and think...I'll have some of that. Good luck...but know there's loads of advice here! Now get on with it!!! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum