Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

33 16v and parts for sale

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> For Sale & Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: 33 16v and parts for sale Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Sadly after 8 years got to sell my 33 16V, 1991, champagne, complete driving car minus nearside front headlight, pwr steering rack slight leak, and rust on sills, hence sale. Mint interior, cloverleaf type, body near mint bar petrol flap area, lowered, mint alloys with good tyres, very fast car, drives perfect. Spares or repair. Currently awaiting log book return from DVLA as private plate transfer, so ready to sell in 2-3 weeks time. £200 ono.

Full set Red Koni Adjustables, vgc £80 ono.
16v Exhaust Manifold, vgc £25 ono.
Nardi leather wheel, vgc £25 ono.

07730-289-150 after 5pm.

Regards

Franz
dave
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: so where abouts r u Reply with quote

where r u in uk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave, spoke to you earlier, just to confirm Walthamstow, London.

Regards

Franz
john

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 6:37 pm    Post subject: manifold/ nardi Reply with quote

I expect the Nardi has gone, how about the manifold?

Is it the cross over type for a catalyst car where one pipe comes 'round the front of the sump as opposed to the non cat 'y' shaped layout?

John

johnwaterman@tinyonline.co.uk
P4 Paul
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: parts Reply with quote

Still got them konis??

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:37 pm    Post subject: 33 16V parts Reply with quote

Hi guys, I've still got everything including the whole car.

P4 Paul - The Koni's have been reserved pending postage costs by John with '16V Veloce g'90'. I should know by the weekend what is going to happen with them.

John W - Nardi is still available. The manifold is original alfa and the non-cat type. I understand that you are after a manifold with flange and hole for lambda probe but no cat. If you don't mind spending a bit of time, easy to stick onto your 'cat' car. Well not that easy, but basically, drill a hole for your lambda probe and then get a 'tap & die' set to cut the thread for the probe. Flange probs - Ethier cut and weld back, or if no access to welder cut 2"-3" away from flange, cut same length on non cat manifold and bolt/clamp back with exhaust sleeve or old exhaust pipe that fits nice and tight and use exhaust clamps where required.

p.s: if you are buying new, careful with non original type as although bore size is the same the flange welds are on the inside thus restricting flow and power.

All the best

Franz
johnboy
16 Valve

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 33 16V parts Reply with quote

Hi Franz

cheer's for the koni's, by the way nice 16v man,it's nice to meet some one who's as mad about 33's as i'am Cool tell your dad thank's for balancing my engine,it like a new car now Laughing it drive's great and i sorted the throttle out today @ work,so i can achieve maxium warp now! would it be possible to get a photo of your manifold and some measurement's of it,as my mate said he will modify mine.

cheer's

john Cool

Alfa gt jtdm blackline
1990 S2 16v veloce sleeping!
2002 ts gtv the wifes now
1997 seadoo gsx 800
1999 freestyle superjet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:25 pm    Post subject: Exhaust manifold Reply with quote

Hello John, with full throttle and no flat spots yours should really go now. Wanna try against a Red 16V? Ha!

Don't know how am i going to take photo of manifold as under car? Will try and jack up and see? If not, I will try and draw a picture (crap artist by the way) and try to measure where it goes 4-2-1. Its a lot different to the normal manifold where they go 4-2-1. Meant to be 5bhp gain. Make sure when your mate does it for you he mandrel bends the pipes so you don't get decrease in airflow. When you take yours off check if it is a original Alfa by looking at the the flange bits for outside weld.

When you have finished, with your OMP system car will sound like a rocket/F1 racing car. My mate had the same manifold as mine and OMP system like yours before. Noise was unbearable. From experience, manifold design is deffinately better for power and more rorty/noisy to boot.

If you don't care about fuel consumption, don't forget the airflow mod. I notch only anti-clockwise. Mark it first just in case. Will burn more fuel but give around 5bhp and more torque. Car will run richer then so you will need to turn the Co adjuster screw on the airflow meter clockwise to lean off the mixture. If no Co gas analyser, rough way is to run engine till hot then let it idle, turn the screw 180 degrees, let it idle, if no hunting turn again, wait, let it settle, try again untill it hunts. When it does start to hunt means mixture is too lean so you will need to back off screw (anti-clockwise) gradually till runs smooth. I say 180 degrees as then you can keep count of number of turns so you can put back to original if you are not happy. You can only adjust CO when hot and running. Ideally stick it on CO machine.

I will have a look at manifold at the weekend and get back to you.

Regards

Franz
johnboy
16 Valve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: Exhaust manifold Reply with quote

Hello John, with full throttle and no flat spots yours should really go now. Wanna try against a Red 16V? Ha!

make sure when your mate does it for you he mandrel bends the pipes so you don't get decrease in airflow.

Hi franz,

i'll give you a burn :lol:had a little play in it tonight from work,she flies now Cool cheer's for the tip's on tuning. as for my mate he used to work for the lister storm team,so he know's his stuff,he built the winning chassie for 2000 FIA GTR storm,clever git Razz he just need's to see what it look's like,and length's of it. looking forward to hearing the difference in sound.and you can never have anuff power ha.

all the best

john

Alfa gt jtdm blackline
1997 seadoo gsx 800
1999 freestyle superjet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Ex/Manifold Reply with quote

Hi John, sorry mate, I haven't had a chance to look at my manifold. Can't this weekend or next.

I will let you know as soon as I get a chance.

Regards

Franz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 6:05 pm    Post subject: 33 16v and parts for sale Reply with quote

Hi guys, after private plate transfer, log book on 16v has come back, so now ready to drive away. If you're interested, make me and offer and drive away, quick sale wanted as need the space.

Also, make me an offer on exhaust manifold and Nardi steering wheel.

Regards

Franz

N/E London
Dreamracers
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will a 16v manifold go on an 8v?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject: 16V Manifold on 8V Reply with quote

16V ex/manifold on 8V? Haven't got a clue?

Anybody out there know?
Dreamracers
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HERE is where I have asked... lets see Cool
johnboy
16 Valve

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Ex/Manifold Reply with quote

[quote="Anonymous"]Hi John, sorry mate, I haven't had a chance to look at my manifold. Can't this weekend or next.

Hi franz

you must be a busy chap? thank's for getting back to me, car's going great,still got the oil leak,waiting for gasket,still need more power Cool

all the best john

Alfa gt jtdm blackline
1997 seadoo gsx 800
1999 freestyle superjet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:08 am    Post subject: Ex/manifold Reply with quote

Hi John, I have to take my nearside cam covers off too. I have weak tappet on cyl no 2. Hopefully might get a chance during the week as busy for next 2 weekends.

As per advice from Alfa mechanic, advised to unbolt lower front engine mount and then jack up nearside of engine. How did you do yours?

Regards

Franz
johnboy
16 Valve

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Ex/manifold Reply with quote

As per advice from Alfa mechanic, advised to unbolt lower front engine mount and then jack up nearside of engine. How did you do yours?

Hi,

that's a good idear,i lowered mine,by undoing the crossmember on nearside and front mount,so you can move it over abit and lower it, but i will try to jack it up instead.as the cover wont came off that side.but it does on the other side with no trouble. p.s do you mean undo both side's of the crossmember.so the engine can rotate abit? sound's good

good luck
john

Alfa gt jtdm blackline
1997 seadoo gsx 800
1999 freestyle superjet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John, I've never done it before? My mechanic mate said 2 ways to do it.

1. Undo front engine mount (in the middle). Then jack up nearside. Head cover should come off then?

2. Lower whole engine by undoing both front crossmembers mounts and rear engine mount.

1st way sounds relatively easy so I'm going to give it a go. Once cam cover comes off should be easy to change tappets.

Regards

Franz
johnboy
16 Valve

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Undo front engine mount (in the middle). Then jack up nearside. Head cover should come off then?

Hi,

that sound's like a good way of doing it.
to get to the tappet's you will have to take off the cam's as well? which mean's taking off the cam pulley.as it's under the cam.plus the rad out. hope you have some time on your hand's.it's an easy job,but just take's time!

regard's
john

Alfa gt jtdm blackline
1997 seadoo gsx 800
1999 freestyle superjet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John, I've already done the belts twice in space of a month. Once for new belts and second time to check if engine had slipped a cog. I've done hyd tappets before on my G60, so on 33 will be much the same bar twin cams and lack of space to work on.

Trouble is I have to do it after work or next weekend. I haven't bought the tappets yet as I want to see if I need 2 tappets (more likey) or 4. So car wil be off road a bit till I get the parts. I might just buy 4 to save time.

I haven't enjoyed this car yet as can't rev it hard to 7k plus, as tappet(s) on cyl 2 gives up and loses pressure making engine run on 3. No fun when you can't boot an Alfa, might aswell drive a Golf.

Regards

Franz
Dreamracers
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a pic of the Nardi?

Is it like this one: http://www.centerlinealfa.com/new/images/products/volante.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nardi is the same as 33 16V P4.
James F

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:07 pm    Post subject: Steering wheel Reply with quote

Hi

I am interested in the steering wheel if still available. You say £25, and I guess plus postage (=£5-10?). This all okay BUT the wheel / leather must be in good nick!

How worn is the leather? Scuffed?

You can email me direct on james.ferguson@nationaltrust.org.uk if all above ok!

Cheers, James

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Steering Wheel Reply with quote

Hi James, wheel is in vgc, leather is like new. Where abouts are you?

Regards

Franz
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> For Sale & Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: