Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

brake pressure regulator

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neo
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: brake pressure regulator Reply with quote

Hi!

How to adjust the rear brake pressure regulator?
When I hit the brake pedal I've got only my front brakes working, but the handbrake works just fine. I've assumed that the brake regulator is not adjusted properly.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

p.s. the car is alfa 33, 3rd series, no abs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bobbber
P4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not nice!

If you follow the two brake pipes back from the front of the car underneath, you'll find the point where the pipes go into the regulator.

The idea is that when the rear of the car lifts under heavy breaking, it makes the rear brakes less effective, stopping you spinning out when the rear wheels touch the ground again.

This regulator is conrolled by the 'panhard rod' which is connected to the subframe across the rear of the car. i.e. as the wheels go down, the panhard rod moves, changing the pressure on the rear brakes.

You could have a faulty regulator (change it) or the panhard rod could be bent - meaning it NEVER applies the required pressure on the regulators 'switch' to allow braking.

Get under, have a look and let us know.

(btw, my regulator is broken, only braking when the 'switch' is fully pressed in. So I cable tied it in there! - dunno if that's a MOT failure, but at least the rear brakes work now! Wink )

Rob
neo
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

I've fixed the problem. That rod that pushes the regulator upwards was loose so there was no resistance on that 'switch' when the brake was hit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum