Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Rear Anti-roll Bar

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken McCarthy
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Rear Anti-roll Bar Reply with quote

I'm sure I have seen some discussion on this before but can't find anything with the search function. Does anyone have a design for one of these or some pictures?

Thanks
rallyboy77
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ken,

I can take some pictures of mine if you like (not on the car at the moment).

Jeremy
alfaqv33
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have also seen pictures of a anti-roll bar at the rear on a 33, but if you can send me a new picture i would be very happy! Very Happy
Ken McCarthy
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Rear Anti-roll Bar Reply with quote

Jeremy

Thanks. I would appreciate some pictures. I don't think it would be difficult to set one up but it is always helpful to see how someone else has done it - saves discovering the problems all over again.

Regards
rallyboy77
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ken,

Yes there are problems. I have 2 designs (actually I don't know where the first one is anymore) The first was made by K-MAC in Sydney and it interfered with the spare wheel arch on it's way to full compression. That bent the floor plan up just behind the fuel tank... not good.
The second was made by Whiteline near Minto south of Sydney. They built a better bar that doesn't interfere with the spare wheel arch, but it did take out our (custom built) exhaust.
It seems once you start getting a bunch of different people making different parts you run into these sorts of problems. Maybe a standard exhaust would be ok.... actually most people would never encounter these problems often but our Sud hits full compression quite often on the rally stages.

Could you email me at jeremy@thereisnoluck.com so I can remember the photos please I don't regularly check this forum.

Jeremy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum