Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Where is the fuel filter?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pimp_Dudu
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Where is the fuel filter? Reply with quote

Can somebody please tell me where in the world is the damn fuel filter...i've been sitting in the rain for over an hour searching for it and i still cant find it. car is 33 92 ie 1.7 bosch injection
BILL
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.alfa-pages.co.uk/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1365
But you need tools to remove it .
Pimp_Dudu
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well...found the filter....and i have to admit...Goddamit those stupid italians were full of *#*& when they made that car....i struggled for about 2 hours (and to top it all off in rainy condition) to finally take the old fuel filter away (which was there for maybe 12 years)...i mean there's the exhaust pipe in the way, there's the wheel arches in the way...there's soooo much bull in the way...and on top of that the stupid bolts were rusted so its almost impossible to take them off....i finally changed it...and now im sitting at home...but for f**k's sake how can something which i used to change in my friends mazda and bmw for 10min take me 2h in my car?????????i mean have alfa made almost EVERYTHING harder???
RFlower
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if mine has a different mounting, but it has a black plastic cover, heat shield I suppose, which clips over it, and can be pulled off.

The strap holding it in place can then be loosened and the filter dropped down to hang on the fuel pipes (these need to be unclipped from the car body), to make access to the connectors easier.

Access to the filter is easy via the wheel arch if the left wheel is removed and the car raised up on its standard jack.
Dick Flower, Nr. Carcassonne. '94 Trofeo 1.4 ie (F), '93 Imola 1.3/1.4 ie (now for breaking) (F), '91 1.7 ie (GB)(spare car), '86 Sprint 1.5 QV (F). '87 VW Syncro camper (F), '73 NSU Ro80 (F), '99 Fiat Seicento (F)
Pimp_Dudu
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah well.....that still would take time...i also have the plastic cover, which came off easy...but then it was sooo hard working from underneath the car...adn the stupidest part is that i realized today that i had put the wrong rings around teh bolts and it was leaking so i had to do the WHOLE process over again but i finally am finished...now there's no leak and it works pretty fine...next thing im gonna do is put fresh oil in it..car's waiting outside right now....i only took a small 10min brake Very Happy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum