Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Hi everybody (33SW in Moscow)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sergey
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: Hi everybody (33SW in Moscow) Reply with quote

Three month ago I have bought a 2nd series 33 SW 1.7 iE (live in Moscow, Russia). It come to me quite inexpensive, but honestly like a piece of scrap. I have already replaced water pump, all exhaust, clutch, not counting a few minor things like cooling hoses etc. Front shock absorbers and windscreen are on queue, along with bodywork somewhat later. Fuel pump is a bit noisy so I think it would require attention soon too. Also, brakes. Direction indicator lamps are very chappy, as are the rear lamps (replacement seem to be difficult to find in Moscow). The body is quite bad because there is a lot of rust underneath. But the engine seems to be in a particularly good condition for this age (1991)!

I am now actively using the car for two months every day and still I had no one problem on the road. I love this car: acceleration is quite good, given the fuel consumption I like its handling (of course, when new shocks are installed), and the incredible sound. SW also turned out to be quite practical (even though the back door position is not as convenient as in many other wagons). I like much the 33's pedals position as well as the sits position. The only bad thing is the interior heater - it's clearly too weak in this sort of climate.

I had a series 1 33 (1.3 l liftback) a few years ago. In winter it sometimes required almost 40 km to make the cabin more or less comfortably warm, at least, snow and ice inside started to melt Smile But (unlike come other cars) it always started rather easy in very cold wether.

Replacement parts are sometimes difficult to find here in Moscow, especially used/restored parts, as 33's are rather rare here. So I'm looking ways to order parts in Europe for further restoration of the car. Maybe there is someone who breaks 33's, and could send something out here?
bobbber
P4

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zdrastvoitye Sergey!

Welcome to Alfa 33 land! Very Happy

I think the main question would be whether you have Pounds Stirling or Euros to hand! As long as you do, and you'd be willing to pay the shipping costs, I see no reason why not!

Do you have the abillity to pay by paypal?!?! If so there are often useful parts advertised on eBay.

My favorite UK supplier is Edd: mail@interfuture.net

He has a load of used parts and can also obtain new ones. Email him and ask him what he thinks.

Koroshee vezheneye!

Bob
Sergey
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Thanks for this assistance. Reply with quote

- I'll email Edd - perhaps it wouldn't be too difficult to send parts to me!

Best regards

Sergey
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum