Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

I CAN SEE !!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eddie W
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:24 am    Post subject: I CAN SEE !!! Reply with quote

After the installation of a twin relay with direct(fused) supply from the battery, 100W Xenon bulbs, and a careful selection of headlight units with good reflectors,I can finally see where I'm going at night. For me this means at least an extra 20 knots without the usual rise in blood pressure. Sheer bliss. I don't think I'll miss the adrenaline rush of living on the edge with the Alfa candles. Next stop the bloody wipers.
REgards Eddie
tvatavuk
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Very Happy

from my experiance, 100w bulbs in Alfa 33 series 3 headlights like to melt plastic bulb connector along with close wires. I can see that you installed relay and fuses, so I suppose that you have new set of wires with ceramic connectors for bulbs?
Here in Croatia (and I belive in most of EU) 100w are not street legal.
On the other hand +50% more light Philips Vision plus, Osram Silverstar and few other H4 bulbs that use thinner bulb wire and some kind of gas (H7 tehnology).
They give you compareable white light, without extra heating, more power consumption and are street legal. Thinner wire means less working hours, but 100w H4 I had lasted only a year.
And at the end there are 100 and moreW blubs that are used for offroad Twisted Evil
Eddie W
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tino, I'm not sure that these are strictly legal in NZ either but I'm not asking officialdom in case. The bulbs are Xenon which run considerably cooler than Halogen and are supposed to last a lot longer. The results are awesome and the pricks in oncoming late model cars who don't believe in dipping now know what it feels like Twisted Evil Twisted Evil A good safety lesson all round I feel.
Regards Eddie
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum