Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

White Instrument Guages

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul in NZ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: White Instrument Guages Reply with quote

OK, I've downloaded them, shouldn't have a problem printing them, but how the hell do you fit 'em??? Question

Anyone actually *done* it?

Thanks
garciaae
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: I've done recently Reply with quote

I've unmounted it three or four times.
1. Printed it and fixed with the own screws. Result: With the heat, the dials become blended.
2. Fixed also with some glue. Result: It didn't blend but when the night came and had to turn the lights on I could see the old black dials below.
3. Cut a black support dial and fixed the white one with glue to the black one.Result: Sometimes the gauge (is that the word for the fluorescent mobile part of the dial?) gets locked so i have to knock the console to free it.

It looks good but has a lot of work.
Good luck.
bobbber
P4

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about if you laminate the dials before sticking them on? That way the glue won't interfere with the properties of the paper?!

Just a thought.... really, I must stop rambling on! Laughing
paulhide
P4

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but what I don't understand is that you have to take the needles off of their pins to put the white dials on. How then when you put the needles back on do you know if your speedo needle is pointing accurately? Or is it all self regulating even though the speedo doesn't start at 0?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: