Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

koppelings cilinder

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
essie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: koppelings cilinder Reply with quote

de koppelings cilinder van mijn alfa 33, 1.4ie is zo lek als een mandje...ik wil m graag zelf vervangen...maar hoe werkt dit..heeft iemand een handleiding voor de motor..of kan iemand me uitleggen hoe dit werkt??
bedankt alvast
tvatavuk
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

If you would be so kind to write new posts in English, since it is an international forum and we have to use a common language.

Here is Babel translation of yours post:
--
the link cylinder of my alpha 33, 1.4ie is this way leak if... I want a basket gladly replace m. himself... but how works guide for the motor..of can someone this-has a someone me explain how this works?? thanks in advance
--

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: koppelings cilinder Reply with quote

essie wrote:
de koppelings cilinder van mijn alfa 33, 1.4ie is zo lek als een mandje...ik wil m graag zelf vervangen...maar hoe werkt dit..heeft iemand een handleiding voor de motor..of kan iemand me uitleggen hoe dit werkt??
bedankt alvast

The clutch cylinder on my Alfa 33, a 1.4 ie, is leaking like a basket (a Dutch saying). I want to replace it myself, but how should I do it? Does somebody have a manual fo the engine, or can somebody explain to me how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Wink
GaryUK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need a pair of special ring clip removal pliers these sperate the end of the ring to remove (spreads them apart). Once this ring clip is removed the cylinder should just slide out (after removing the hydraulic fliud feed pipe). However I have encoutered ones that had siezed in place AND THEY WERE A SERIOUS CHEW ON TO REMOVE. i USED HEAT TO FREE THEM, I put a weld on top of the housing and hammered them out, difficult as spce is very restricted.
New seals will normally repair the cylinder providing the bore is not seriously scored
gritsop
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I had done this 2.5 years ago when it used to leak. I replaced the inner rubber elements and since then no problem.

The most difficult part of the procedure is to take out the circlip that holds the cylinder to the engine.

Before removing the old one it is advisable to have a second person insert a piece of wood between the lever and the gearbox.
When you press the pedal, the cylinder pushes this lever in order the clutch to disengage-at this point the second person must insert the wood in order to take the slack. So, when you insert the new you will not have trouble putting in place the metal pin that pushes the lever.

Otherwise, it is a straight forward procedure.

You may need to remove the rubber sleeve that goes to the throttle and the distributor cap. (if you have the 1.4 IE Bosch engine)

Also prior you fit the new one "lubricate" the inside with some brake fluid.

Hope this helps,

http://www.alfa-restoration.co.uk
Parts Shop: www.alfa-restoration.co.uk/shop
tvatavuk
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not recomend ""lubricate" the inside with some brake fluid" because brake fluid could corrode metal housing of clutch slave cyl, which could make next removal tougher.

In case that you buy new clutch slave cyl, check that you have new ring clip or be very gentile to old one while removing.
Also while removing it, don't rotate it too much because you might have trouble getting it off, lower part of it is thicker and on some 33s it stucks to nearby metal.
Don't push clutch bearing fork too much,too hard back or you might sway it or damage clutch bearing.
Besides that be sure to have enough of brake fluid to fill up, since taking all air from system could take 2-3dcl.

Last edited by tvatavuk on Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
BILL
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you buy the repair kit check if you have ATE or ....(i cant remember the other brand,i guess i am getting old Embarassed ).They have differences from on to the other.At least the master cylinder has some kind of differences.
gritsop
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The other brand is Bendix.

Tino, I suggested to lubricate the inside of the cylinder in order to make easier the movement of the piston when operation done and filling in new fluid. It goes without saying that this fluid does not escape from the cylinder and fall to the surrounding area which will eventually corrode it.

Regards,

http://www.alfa-restoration.co.uk
Parts Shop: www.alfa-restoration.co.uk/shop
tvatavuk
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case you want to buy new one and you cannot find original AR or it is too much, original for FIAT Tempra (don't know which one) had exactly same dimensions, only slightly different rubber, and was 30% cheaper.
It lasted in my 33 little more then 3 working years+1 standing.

2 Gristop Sorry,
I thought you were saying to lubricate exterior of cylinder so it would slide easier into mounting hole on engine block.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: