Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Restore 150kkm 16v QV or buy (mint?) 100kkm P4?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martini
Alfasud

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Restore 150kkm 16v QV or buy (mint?) 100kkm P4? Reply with quote

I need advice!

I have a 150kkm 16V QV -91 that needs some love to be in perfect shape. It is not too rusty, I have a brand new windscreen plus a complete set of PU-bushings waiting to be mounted. KONI shocks and springs are ordered as is steel wound brake hoses. The plan is to by new grooved front discs which will then make all brake parts new.

There are other bits and pieces that need to fixed too - like a hanging door, passenger electric window...

One head has new valves and the other is overhauled after the crank shaft pulley fell off. However, the ingition is probably bad because I failed MOT because of emissions (and bad head lights). The cause is maybe that the fuel vapour system is not connected/working and needs to be replaced and one manifold pin needs to be heli-coiled. I probably find the lambda probe damaged too. Sad Something knocks or rattles on heavy load 2500 rpm.

Ok - nothing that can't be fixed to make it a pretty nice QV!

Now I've seen an ad on what could be a mint 100kkm P4 -93 fully serviced at an alfa garage and with many parts changed recently.

I don't think it'll go cheap though.

If I would like to do some engine tuning would the 4wd help much in terms of acceleration and handling?

Maybe keep the 2wd for racing and buy the P4 to keep as a classic?

HELP!

/Martin
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum