Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Links to alfasud forums?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
serp33

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: Links to alfasud forums? Reply with quote

Dear guys, would anyone be able to direct me to some sites where I can get the experiences shared on tuning the twin carb engine? Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:10 am    Post subject: Tuning the engine Reply with quote

Hi

I think Scott collected all stuff needed into his site:

Http://www.sanderfamily.com

If You are tuning= want more power out of it.

TimoJ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: Engine Reply with quote

Hi

Should have read Your message properly.. Embarassed

TimoJ
serpent-33

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. I am looking for advice to tune the carbs. I wind the engine now to 7200 and realise that the temp builds rapidly after 6000= rpm. Suspect am running lean at high end. Hmm.. really need to get a mixture reader.
tvatavuk
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it helps,
when you remove km/h limiter on brand new BMW M3, an drive over 250 km/h it starts to over heat also Smile although it has number of oxy probes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Lean mix Reply with quote

Hi

Do You mean: When on circuit revving high all the time, or on street when occasionally revving high?

Check the plug colour after a hot session when engine has cooled down. If it looks totally clean and white/ very light grey, You run lean. There is a danger to burn piston or valves.

Rolling road tune with a carbtunerguy is best to do in my opinion.

Check the ignition timing with all timing marks as they should, alittle too much advance does the same..

If the mix is ok and the ignition too, flush the radiator and the whole cooling system with a hose until no debris/ rust is coming out. Check the waterpump function too. Use only competition oil in engine, like Valvoline 10w-60 etc.

My 2c, I think You knew all this though..

TimoJ

Ps. Nice to see that somebody else is tinkering with these "oldies" too.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum