Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

legal at last! - my version

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rich t
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: legal at last! - my version Reply with quote

Yes! My 33 has got through its MOT and is now sat at home on the drive looking cool. Can't wait to give it a good blast Very Happy
ChrisC
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: erp Reply with quote

Excellent. had my first opportunity to visit 6000rpm today. It was good Twisted Evil
rich t
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel very sorry for my 33. It's obviously been very well looked after for most of its life. Then the last bloke moved abroad and his brother used it for a year without doing anything to it at all. A good wash has done it wonders and it's running very nicely indeed. Just need to get the hang of doubling the clutch again!
ChrisC
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: erp Reply with quote

So what did it need for the mot?

Im kinda lucky with my sprint - the synchros are good, but there is a bit of noise in second, but its only whisper level at the moment, so I wont worry! my x1/9 used to sound like a turbine was spooling in 3rd!
rich t
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOT wasn't too bad. It needed new rear brake pipes and cylinders, two wheel bearings, some welding where the last owner had used the jacking mounts to raise the car, and new backbox and all sorts of bits to solve the high emissions.

It was only the CO count that was out, so we ruled out dodgy timing early on. In trying to fix it it had a new (£10!) cat and lambda sensor. It turned out the timing was slightly out after all. Once adjusted all was sweet.

It took forever to get it done though because I wasn't in a hurry - I stil have the 145 to run aroundin for now.

Have had some paint mixed for it today, so i can sort a few rust spots at the weekend. The it will be looking fantastic!

What did yours need for the MOT? There was a sprint in the garage I use yesterday (Albertos in Mossley). It looks gorgeous, but it has taken 3 Sprints and a fortune to get it right! I'd love one, but they are sooo rare, I think I'll stick with my 33s for now.
ChrisC
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: erp Reply with quote

Bearing in mind id only just gotten the car so didnt know that many of these things were wrong
Headlights all loose and hence couldnt be tested - not bolted in!
o/s Main beam wasnt working. or easy to fix
Rot to n/s/f inner wing
Most of the n/s sill replaced
o/s/r suspension turret rot
Brake pipe needed cleaning up
Flasher unit broke on the way to the mot station
Most of the rear valance replaced
Better brackets for the exhaust made up - not strictly mot but found it would help whilst doing it.
All sprints had been cut and needed replacing

couple that with having had the cambelts done, fixing a small oil leak and undoing some boy racer changes to the interior and ive spent a fair bit of money really

Oh, and I also spent money on a better condition front bumper, and one of the tyres was perished, so I got a complete set of 5 second hand alloys with good tyres to solve it Smile
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum