Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Air filters- K & N replacement, induction or other brand

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fletcher
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Air filters- K & N replacement, induction or other brand Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone has installed a K & N 57i induction kit (or a K&N replacement filter) onto a 33 16V and could give me some feedback on the results in terms of HP/torque improvments and how much louder the engine becomes. Would also be interested in comments on other air filters either the K & N replacement filters or other brands of air filters. Cheers.
ChrisC
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: erp Reply with quote

On the 16v with just a drop in filter in the standard airbox not much difference at all. Still, itll be the last filter you ever have to buy.
Bellamachinna
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi... Very Happy
The K&N replacement filter, is not much diferent from the OEM filter.
The only advantage, is the possibility, to re-use it, after cleaning it...
The 57i, you get better response to throtle, increased induction roar (Lovely, by the way), but have to be carefull, on winter, avoiding all water pudlles, so your filter dont suck any water.
Also, the fuel consumptiom will increase (especially because you will nail it more often to hear the noise it makes).
You will only notice improvements on throtle responses, but on high speed runs, it will be worse than the installed on the air box. It sucks hot air from engine, so its not that efective when engine is hot....
All the best
J.Oliveira
paddy granger
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that, although the differences were not huge, the K&N panel replacement filter did seem to improve throttle response. With a 57i Kit you will need a cold air induction pipe.
James Granger
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My tip - use the standard airbox with a K&N panelfilter. If you want a nice induction noise, take of the small rubber ram pipe that goes from underneath the airbox to the plastic air inlet fixed to the front upright (normally quite manky on most cars).

There is no difference in performance (acceleration and top speed remain the same), and the absence of the pipe creates a delicious roar!!!

Let's face it - that's what it's all about. Laughing
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum