Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

never seen one like this before

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grace4

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: never seen one like this before Reply with quote

i've heard a lot of people say they wanted to put 4wd and a supercharger on a sud/sprint, but this is the first evidence i've seen of it actually being done (cut and paste it)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9834&item=4551849344&rd=1

thought it may interest some of you
paddy granger
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the 4x4 system that was used on the Sportwagon's only for off-road use? I read somewhere that people aren't supposed to use it when driving on tarmac? It is not the same as the viscous P4 system is it?

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly what I was wondering. If it does not have a viscous coupling then it will suffer from windup on sealed roads and through extended use. I don't know if the 33 wagon 4wd can run on tarmac or not. Can it?

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my brother has a 4x4 wagon and uses it on tarmac (mainly for take-off) and chicanes. i think you're right saying that's not what it's intended for, but it seems to work okay. i'm sure he abuses it, but it does ther job. it'd be no go for tight circuits like a motorkhana though because the turning circles is very bad with the 4x4 locked in.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
my brother has a 4x4 wagon and uses it on tarmac (mainly for take-off) and chicanes. i think you're right saying that's not what it's intended for, but it seems to work okay. i'm sure he abuses it, but it does ther job. it'd be no go for tight circuits like a motorkhana though because the turning circles is very bad with the 4x4 locked in.

Any 4WD car will not be as good as a FWD car in a motorkhana. 4WD is not too handy at low speed.

Simon
Edward
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting picture of the supercharger installation - can anyone hazard a guess as to where the alternator has gone? Maybe you charge the battery, run it around the block and come home before nightfall!
ChrisC
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

I was wondering about the inlet manifold... must be 'interesting' at best.
Bellamachinna
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi...
The inlet manifold can be the one, used on single carb boxer engines.
Instead of the carb, they bolt on the supercharger. I´ve already seen one of this conversions and it looked awesome.
I remember that on that conversion, the alternator, was mounted on the brakets for the A/C compressor (Although they were a bit modified).

All the best
J.Oliveira
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum