Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Workshop manual for 1.7 16V

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Workshop manual for 1.7 16V Reply with quote

Hi all,
Can anyone help me out with a workshop manual (or a copy of one) for my 1.7 16V? I really only need the engine chapter at the moment but the whole thing will come in useful at some stage. I need to change out the gasket under one of the injectors and would like to see what that involves before making a start on it. Confused
john 33_16v
16 Valve

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

There are usually copies of the manual that Keith (admin) put together for sale on ebay, but you may be able to get a copy from him direct, as apposed to one from someone making money out of ripping him off!

However, the job you need to do is very straightforward. Remove the intake manifold (jubilee clips mainly), then the throttle bodies lump unbolts, leaving the injectors and fuel rail attached to it. You can then replace the PAIR of gaskets and the plastic spacer which is sandwiched between them.

When you remove the throttle bodies 'lump' take care not to drop anything into the ports (stick rags in etc).

Hope this helps.

John
Tim
Alfasud

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

Thanks for the info. One of our forum members is kindly sorting me out with a manual so I should be ok there. It sounds like an easy enough repair job to do anyway, as long as I can get the parts that is!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum