Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Turn signals

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bellamachinna
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Turn signals Reply with quote

Hi... Very Happy
Noticed an strange thing on my 16v this weekend. Confused
Using the steering wheel at the top position and using the indicators to turn right or left, when the steering wheel returns to the center, the indicators turn off. Smile
BUT, if i use the steering wheel at its lowest position (my usual seting), they dont turn off automaticaly. Mad
Already bought a new indicator/lights stalk, but the thing is doing exactly the same... Evil or Very Mad
This is not a big prob, but its anoying... Exclamation
Thanks in advance
J.Oliveira
Eddie W
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like some strange problem with the attachment on the end of the steering wheel boss the trips the indicator return.
Eddie
Vecchio Alfisti
Alfasud

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed when I had the steering covers/trim removed that when the steering wheel was in the lower position, the two plastic teeth that engage with the white piece in the turn switch part did not even reach far enough to engage. Result no self cancel. I still have not solved the problem but I suspect that the longitudinal alignment of the upper column in the steering column bracket is critical. There is about 6 mm range of longitudinal motion which maybe due to the exact location of the cardan joints in the lower steering column relative to the upper. I never resolved the problem because my preferred driving position is with the wheel at its highest point. I note that on the fiche for replacement of the steering column it says "with all parts fully tightened make sure that the steering wheel operates correctly in the highest and lowest positions, and after refitting, ensure that the indicator switch unit and horn assembly operate correctly." No word on what to do if it doesn't! Hope this helps.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum