Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

the project so far...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LDA
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: the project so far... Reply with quote

hey all,

well so far i havent got that much done to the alfa. i have been spending most of my time working on either getting new parts in or pulling bits off the subaru.

today was meant to be the day for pulling all the big bits off but the weather has put pay to that Rolling Eyes
so If the weather clears up tomorrow then i should have the car stripped by the weekend.

then comes the fun bit.. test fitting the engine and gearbox into the chassis. i know it will fit in the hole but i havent worked out the mount points etc yet.

i'm going to try and take some photos as i go. so people can see how to take the alfa parts off and pics of the subaru parts going in just for entertainment.

with any luck i should have a running car by the middle end of september. it wont even be close to finished by then but if it runs by then i'll be a happy man.

anyone know any sun dances?

L.
Edward
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Hopefully not to far behind you on my project, the shell is now a rolling shell ready for the roll cage and other parts, still need to sort an engine from a Subaru, but at least the progress is constant - even if it is slow. Would welcome the photos. I am going to try and mate a 33 'box to the Subaru engine and see if that works best for me.

Let me know how you get on.

Edward.
LDA
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm. i was going to use the alfa box to start with.. then i found out that they cant take more than 220bhp before they fall apart. the case even cracks at about 250hp!

this is why i have ended up using the subaru box.

are you going 4wd with your car or is it a front wheel drive 33?

so far i'm still stripping the 33 but there isnt a lot left to take off now. had a good day on it today.
mine is also a rolling shell atm but with the wrong suspension and axels on it. need to lose all the alfa suspension and rear axel but havent got an s14 rear subframe to replace the axel yet.

looks like my chassis is solid but the front wings have had it. and the drivers door has a large rust spot in the middle right at the bottom. only rust on the chassis is round the fuel filler. but thats ok cos thats going anyway.

next step is working out the subaru engine mount points. i'll post up my workings on this as you will need this info.

for an engine etc you might want to look here http://www.silverlakeautoparts.co.uk/breakers.aspx
thats where i got my subaru from. looks like there is a p1 there Very Happy over 300bhp engine in that one Shocked

i'm doing some extra welding on my car when i get the rollcage installed. the front chassis legs either side of the engine have got a support brace on the p4. i'm dumping them and replacing them with a larger weld in bit of roll cage tube. gotta get the engine in place before i can do this tho. dont want to get itn the way of anything.

L.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum