Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

EXHAUST 2" ???

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dicko
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: EXHAUST 2" ??? Reply with quote

Hi all, happy motoring.

Im seeking advice about my Alfa...

I have a 1.5 Ltr series one 33 ( 1986) and am trying to decide if I should fit a new custom pipe or standard 16v exhaust (mid and back box).

Has any one got experience fitting a 2 inch standard 16v pipe to an older series one body???? Is it a bolt on job (except the difference in width?

This would save me a few hundred from getting a custom 2 inch done.

My car has matched porting, compression ratio increse, different cams and ansa crossover manifold (which would have to be cut a little short to fit 2 inch.

Thanks
RIch
Serpent33
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have cut the end of the standard 8V extrator and replaced with 2 inch section, So that it joins the 16v centre pipe perfectly(which is 2 inch straight through). Worked well. Do source for the 1.7 extractor that have a larger diammeter to begin with, which was what I did. And yes, I saved a lot.
johnboy
16 Valve

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there
serpent33 is right get the 1.7 manifold should help, we all need MORE POWER! some more than other's Wink

regards john

Alfa gt jtdm blackline
1990 S2 16v veloce sleeping!
2002 ts gtv the wifes now
1997 seadoo gsx 800
1999 freestyle superjet
Ben_nz
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the 1.7 manifold would be a downgrade from the crossover manifold he already has. Confused
Serpent33
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er.. I think I have seen the factory cross over extractors. The diameters are way too small. Tune length headers are mapped good for only a certain rpm range. Most importantly the size should support the output. For our case 1.7 is a leap from the smaller cc and I would think size matters more than tuned length. I have discarded my devil tuned length headers due to a few dents (4-1) and also due to the small diameter. There are reccommended diameters to match power output. That is why you see pipe sizes go up relatively with power.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum