Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

hello cat lovers

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich B
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: hello cat lovers Reply with quote

I looked at the CSC exhausts website recently and found a sport cat and manifold which I quite fancy. My car is de-catted at the moment but I need one for the next MOT.

Has anyone got one? Anyone know how much they are or if they're still available?

Thanks
LDA
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not got a cat on my alfa as it didnt come with one and its just old enough not to need one. but loads of other cars that i work on are later model cars with large exhaust systems.
for the MOT we normally put the standard cat back on the car for the day and get it tested. it robs the car of a few hp and also slows the turbo spool on boosted cars but it works well enough for the mot testers.

i wouldnt spend my money on a sporty cat converter.

L.
Ian M
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this sight

www.carsandcats.co.uk

Or

www.buypartsby.co.uk

Got some bits quite reasonable from these for the 155
Rich B
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the advice - unfortunately my old cat fell to bits and was replaced with an OMP group N centre and rear box.

I will therefore need to buy something - the websites advised seem to be a lot cheaper than I was expecting.

I have put on a different manifold to be compatible with my centre box (the cat manifold has a crossover pipe and is a different length), does anyone know if I need this manifold for the cat to work properly? I was going to buy either a standard cat and butcher it and put it into my OMP system for the MOT, or buy a sporty cat and leave it in there. (I think i heard somewhere that the cat manifold has the crossover bit to maintain the correct pulse of gases through the cat).

Thanks for your help
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum