Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

taking engine out.... the hard way.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LDA
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: taking engine out.... the hard way. Reply with quote

hey all,

i'm taking the engine out of my perm 4 tomorrow and i have lent my crane to a m8 and cant get it back Crying or Very sad

i know its possible to take the engine out without a crane but have any of you got any tips on how best to go about it?

i have a couple of trolley jacks to help me out so i was thinking about lowering it down with them.. but i think i'd have to take the suspension out for that.. maybe i could just slide it backwards till it fell out???

hmmm.. best get some tips before i start to invent new ways to pull the lump out.

L.
paulhide
P4

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always drop the engine and gearbox out the bottom with a trolley jack and two scissor jacks on two blocks in exhaust ports with car jacked up high on two blocks and scissor jacks under the jacking points. Remove flywheel cover and place block of wood here for the trolley jack and slowly alternate between scissor jacks and trolley jack, removing blocks as it comes down. First undo mounting beam at front, undoing anti roll bar from front wishbones. Mounting beam comes off wishbones more easily when depressed. As for P4 gearbox just two 13mm bolts and four 10mm nuts on driveshaft and watch wires for electromagnetic couple. Speak to you later anyway. Cheers.
LDA
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks paul.. doesnt sound too hard. i'm sure it will make more sence when i get under there.

L.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: