Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

rear window broken in again

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ak86355

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: rear window broken in again Reply with quote

Hi to all,

For second time within 6 months someone decided that there was something valuable in my alfa 33 ser 3 and broke the passenger-side rear small window in order to gain access.
Glad to now they wasted their time, but not much consolation since i have to repair it.

I have ordered spares and planning to install it myself.

I am suspecting that i have to remove the plastic panel of the inside of the door. Any ideas if it is simple and what should i pay attention to?

many thanks,
A
lee16v
16 Valve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
Unfortunately i have experience of this task as some git (unfit to live at the bottom of a pond) broke into mine Evil or Very Mad
To do this job you have to take off the door card and the plastic inner sheet.
Wind the window all the way down then undo the 2 securing bolts/screws that hold the window rail in place(the black one that seperates the window from the quarter light) With these bolts removed there's enough play in the rail to allow you to slot the new quarter light in place, then it's a case of putting back together in reverse order
This is fairly simple but one thing to take care over is the top securing screw of the rail situated at the top of the door. It's a posi drive screw and a sod to undo(mine was welded!) Make sure you use a well fitting large'ish driver as not to round out the screw
Hope all goes well...may i suggest a large dog for the back seat!!
Bellamachinna
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi... Very Happy
Sorry to hear about your problems.
Never had that type of trouble, but i assume that you will have to strip the door card to get acess.
Start by the door pin. Unscrew it by hand.
Then remove the plastic cover on the "holder" of the door to gain acess to the 2 scews behind.
Behind the latch to open the door, is a small round cap that hides another screw.
On the door "holder", there is also a small screw that holds the top plastic cover. Remove it and pull the cover with care.
Behind this cover there are 2 aditional screws.
The window opener, is simple. Just pull the plastic cover on the arm and unscrew the small screw.
Now you will have to pull the door card out. Do this with much care, as the plastic pins are very fragile.
To remove the windows, use the window opener and pull the window down, until you can see the 2 nuts that hold the window to the window mechanism. AHHHH...Before this you must remove the exterior plastic/rubber strip. (just pull it up, but with care).
After removing the main glass, look at the top of the door. Following the black "thing" that separates the main glass from the small one, there is a screw on the door top, and another on the bottom...
Remove them and you sould now have access to the small window.
Hope that i didn`t miss nothing.
As i said before, i never had to do this job before (the window), but removing the door card is very easy, as long as you handle the plastics with care.

Good luck
P.Camilo
ak86

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many many thanks guys.

Am getting the spare tomorrow and will try my luck on saturday.
ak863

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

got it replaced yesterday.
took me some time because there is the window just fits in, so there is a lot of joggling going on..

anyhow, saved £50 so happy now..

Anyone knows where can i order any rear koni's (yellow ones)?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: