Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

1991 ALFA ROMEO 33 CLOVERLEAF P4 4X4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> For Sale & Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Hall

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: 1991 ALFA ROMEO 33 CLOVERLEAF P4 4X4 Reply with quote

This is my car that i have had for around one year.

Ebay page
kaBOOM
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes, I swear that this forum has been made to make me feel bad about living in Australia, with our total lack (well 58, thats all that where imported here) of Alfa 33 P4's.......
paulhide
P4

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were only 267 in England three years ago and I know that we've scrapped two since then, so there can't be so many here either actually.
spooty22
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That few were imported to Australia? How many would you say are left?

Forgive me for the sacrilege, but i would like to take the motor and running gear and place them in a sud. Modify centre differential for 30:70 f/r torque split (with LSD). Install a turbocharger and remap the ECU and i would have a sud WRX. Razz

hmmm. Alfasud Twin Cam 16v Multi Point Injected Turbocharged Full time 4WD.

my 80' Sud Ti is a fantastic candidate, i will stiffen up the chassis considerably - also it is the small bootlit model (no hatchback) with purportedly had greater chassis rigidity.

What do others think? A good idea or would all you 33 P4 owners want to burn me at the stake?

Cheers
kaBOOM
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suds....I have 5 in the yard out the back of work Razz Suds everywhere.......argh! I'm one of these people who can't work out WHY people like Alfa Suds. Yes I have driven them/worked on them...... :-/ I think the 33 is a step up on the Sud in every regard.

The P4's where sold here just before Alfa Romeo's pull out (for a few years only) of the Australian market.

I would love a P4, simply because of how rare they are down here. WRX's are a dime a dozen, as is all the high end jap trash. I've drien a few WRX's and they are a bit on the laggy side, and can't corner very well (really, terminal understeer)

Now many people down here and over sea's just say buy a Jap sports car, like a 200SX with a Nissan RB Engine in it (I have a "hot" one powering my VL) or a Rex, or Liberty RS turbo, a cheap RX7, MR2, Celica GT4, Nissan Skylines........but thats not the point.....

As for your idea, I like it Smile Still the only engine conversion I've heard about, that makes me want to murder the bloke, is a 13B rotory in a Alfa Sud with 4wd......enough said.......
spooty22
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good points.

By the way, where do you work? Razz (5 suds?)
LDA
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kaBOOM wrote:
Suds....I have 5 in the yard out the back of work Razz Suds everywhere.......argh! I'm one of these people who can't work out WHY people like Alfa Suds. Yes I have driven them/worked on them...... :-/ I think the 33 is a step up on the Sud in every regard.

The P4's where sold here just before Alfa Romeo's pull out (for a few years only) of the Australian market.

I would love a P4, simply because of how rare they are down here. WRX's are a dime a dozen, as is all the high end jap trash. I've drien a few WRX's and they are a bit on the laggy side, and can't corner very well (really, terminal understeer)

Now many people down here and over sea's just say buy a Jap sports car, like a 200SX with a Nissan RB Engine in it (I have a "hot" one powering my VL) or a Rex, or Liberty RS turbo, a cheap RX7, MR2, Celica GT4, Nissan Skylines........but thats not the point.....

As for your idea, I like it Smile Still the only engine conversion I've heard about, that makes me want to murder the bloke, is a 13B rotory in a Alfa Sud with 4wd......enough said.......

yeah, do it!
a sud perm 4 would be quite cool. lots of work but that makes it all the more cool.

the 13b is a lovely motor. it was one of the engines i was thinking about putting in my 33, but i went with a turbo flat 4 instead.

dont dis the jap stuff too much, most of it is more capable than any alfa. Wink

L.
kaBOOM
Alfasud

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On paper yes, but they have no charm....you should know that....or is that a Nissan I see on your avatar?

Anyway how many people actaully use this extra performance of these Jap cars on the street?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> For Sale & Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: