Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

p4 noice from central axis

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alfa33P4
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: p4 noice from central axis Reply with quote

Hello Alfisti
I'm Owner of A33 16V P4 and i have a problem to central axle.Whenever i turn full lock i feel a vibration.I change all universal couplings the noice reduced but not disappear my tyres are same dimension and same pressure.
tvatavuk
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is normal for P4 to vibrate a little when on full lock, loud bumping/knocking is not. It is because there is no real centrall diff like in 155 Q4 (you Very Happy owner of 1). So difference in rear front speeds/turning circle is compesated by rear tires skiping portions of ground.
New rubber visco coupling mounts would help maybe a little more, but if it's only more then small amount of vibration.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tvatavuk wrote:
New rubber visco coupling mounts would help maybe a little more, but if it's only more then small amount of vibration.

Unfortunatly it seems they are no longer available (along with P4 petrol tanks, bolts to hold P4 rear calipers on, P4 rear gearbox mounts, etc).

All the best

Keith
tvatavuk
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunaly they are no longer in production for more then 3-4 years, but from time to time some parts can be found with bit of luck and if you look hard enough.
We should probably make all over the world (every look in ther country) search for those parts and buy them, but I know that it will never happen.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: