Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Has any one seen or heard from Ian at Alfasalv recently

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt Stolton
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 9:44 pm    Post subject: Has any one seen or heard from Ian at Alfasalv recently Reply with quote

Just out of idle curiosity, I wondered if anyone had seen him recently, or is he trapped under a car in his yard, and would desperately like someone to visit him:?

I didn't make it to spring alfa day (I haven't driven an alfa for nearly 9 months now, as mine is still off the road awaiting bigger inlet valves), as that is where I normally manage to bump into him.

Did any one else go, and was it any good? I can't say Chatham's a great place, as I used to live near Maidstone, so I am forewarned about the entire Medway town type problems.

On that valve subject I'm trying to source 33.5 or 34mm inlet valves for a 16V. If any one has any ideas, or four kicking about, it would be appreciated, as i don't fancy getting some custom made. I'm spending enough as it is.

Sorry for the meandering drivel I'm writing this to fill time whilst waiting for some resin to set. I have 'alf 'inched a good (rust free) petrol cap surround, and am fixing a newton engineering aero filler to it. The idea is to cut the rotten bit out of my P4 project and replace it with this bit, with this very nice proper aluminium filler cap. It will look the dangleys once finished. Click Here and check out the 400 series with locking cap. it was expensive, what with all the bits, brackets, gaskets and shite (around GBP100 all in Surprised ), but is better than anything you would see at Halfords or equivalent Wink

I have also finished the wing mirror mod on my P4. If anyone is close to Lloyd at Clovertech I would value your opinions. For those further afield I will post some pictures, but the basic jist is that the original mirrors are gone, and the holes filled and sprayed (none to badly for a first timer to spraying). New mirrors are mounted just down the door from the old positions. I have gone with a set of "Vitaloni California Sports Mirror" from eurospares.com. Very cheap, but look good, the only dilema is to colour code (white, so easy) or leave black, as it matches the other black trim. Time will decide.

Anyway, I have wasted enough of your valuable time, and my resin may have set by now, so speak soon, etc, etc.

Matt

Ex Alfa 33 'GTA' (P4 with Knobs On)
Now cruising in a 166 3.2 Ti!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum