Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

electrical fuel pump for carbs?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Serpent33
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: electrical fuel pump for carbs? Reply with quote

Dear all. What electrical fuel pump is reccommended for the 1.7 8VQV? Twin dellorttos. I think I am getting fuel starvation at high rpm at 4/5 gears. Car has cams.

4-5 psi? 6? I am looking at facet pump. Or anyone has one for sale. Thanks.
Sprintervention
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fuel pump only needs to be low pressure, 3-4 psi I would think, if the pressure is too high it can push fuel past the seals in the carbs. Facet are THE fuel pumps to use, as far as I know pretty much any of their range will supply enough fuel, I am not a fan of their square solid state pumps but I am sure that they are still very good.

Using a pressure regulator will of course make choosing a pump easier as you can then set the pressure that you require and it will take care of it from there.

Have a look at this, it may help. http://www.fuelsystem.co.uk/web-facet.pdf

I can't say from experience which is best as mine is still on the side in the workshop, along with the engine that it was intended to supply fuel to...

Hope that helps.

Regards
Chris
Serpent33
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Thought of trying out Carter rotary pump.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: