Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

p4 ecu on 16v

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stedee
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: p4 ecu on 16v Reply with quote

hi there
can is use a j plate p4 ecu on a 16v l plate, basically i want to put a decat exhaust on and i want to do away with the lambda sensor or is there a way of running the 16v without using the lambda sensor, i have heard shorting out the throttle sensor so that the ecu ignores the lambda sensor - this is apparently on full throttle that the throttle switch ignores the sensor.
cheers for any suggestions
Rich B
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stedee - thanks for the parts!

I think you have a couple of options with the lambda sensor:

1). My L-reg car is decatted at the moment - I'm running with an OMP group N centre box which is modified to accept a lambda sensor, this mod is quite easy, you just need to put a threaded insert on a centre box and you can then use the lambda sensor. This saves messing about with engine management systems etc but remember, you'll also need to change the manifold as the cat manifold has a flange where it joins the cat (there are a couple of bolts that join the two sections together) and this manifold won't fit onto a standard centre box. If you can wait a couple of months, my centre box will be surplus to requirements as I can't be bothered to keep changing the exhaust for the mot.

2) You could get a sports cat, which would probably give you similar power to de-catting and you could keep the same manifold and not have to mess about with the ecu or have to keep changing the exhaust. These sport cats generally use 200cells per square inch (cpsi) as opposed to the standard 400cpsi so are more free flowing but are fully compliant with emissions regulations. Try www.csc-marmitte.it - theirs is about £120+vat (UK distributor is Torino Spares 16 WINDMILL CLOSE ASHBY DE LA ZOUCH, LEICESTERSHIRE LE65 1EQ, TEL. 0044 1530 414310, FAX 0044 1530 564226, torinospares@aol.com) or www.sportcats.co.uk - theirs is £359+vat but is stainless steel.

Hope that helps

Rich
stedee
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi rich
glad you got the parts
i have got a complete p4 exhaust with no cat, i was going to put the complete exhaust on as it is in good nick ,i was thinking of cutting a hole in it and welding a nut on it or insert but where do you get those from apart from getting an old cat, i know the lambda sensor thread is the same as a spark plug but thats it
cheers steve
tvatavuk
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi stedee,
you can tell yours 16v ECU that you're running on 95/98 octane leaded fuel, which should at same time turn off monitoring of lambda probe.

Visit http://www.sanderfamily.com/
pick on the left Alfa things
then go to Ignition Advance

Cheers
stedee
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers tino
i have had a look at the link, i am confused by what it means with the pins
i might understand a bit more when i have got the relay out.
steve
tvatavuk
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not relay, it is only shaped like one Smile
Inside plastic housing there are only shorted circuited/connected pins. Numbers are on underside of it.
stedee
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohhhh - i see said the blind man
cheers
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: