Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Rear Viscous Coupling Mount Part Numbers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tempra2
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Rear Viscous Coupling Mount Part Numbers Reply with quote

Just for info I think this may already be common knowledge Embarassed , but just in case):

The P4 i'm trying to buy looks very, very good underneath, but the rear coupling mount (The Circular one) is totally worn out. Apparantly Alfa have discontinued these but I'm told that they are the same as the centre prop bearing on a 75 Twinspark which are 52mm as opposed to the 75 V6 which are 55mm.

Part Numbers are:

Support: 60505302 @ £18.50(March 07)
Bearing: 60505303 @ £12.50 (March 07)
Both from EB Spares in the UK.

The front rubber mounts are slightly cracked but solid thankfully - I understand these are not available anywhere which is worrying. If anyone has a seconhand set in reasonable condition I'd like to purchase them - and perhaps see if I can find a source; maybe Panda 4X4 mounts or (Probably too big) but Vw Golf or even T3 Transporter mounts as these are all Steyr Puch systems too.
Failing that I have access to a China Purchasing Team so might be able to have some made up - I'd like to have the part in my hands to see how complex it is.
Wink

Last edited by tempra2 on Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
stedee
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
i`m a p4 owner and my mounts look ok at the mo but i am aware it is only a matter of time. i believe like you said it is still possible to get the circular mount but i had an idea with the other mount and that is to cut the rubber blocks off and drill a hole where the blocks were (one on each side),i remember seeing rubber blocks very similar (cant remember on what but i know they are readily available) with threads on both sides so you could put nuts on either side of the blocks instead.
i hope this makes sense to you ,it does to me
tempra2
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a plan, what do we have to do to get you to remember, Regression therepy? Very Happy
ZeNiTh-PbArM
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
the mounts can be "repaired" using some windshield glue (the black stuff for glueing windshield, 3M brand)
you have to center the mounts properly, then apply a fair quantity of glue to both sides of the rubber, pushing it in the cracks with a finger. After a few hours reinstall the mounts, and go for a test drive : no more rattle from the transmission!
regards,
zp
tempra2
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This stuff?
http://products3.3m.com/catalog/uk/en002/auto_marine_aero/automotive_aftermarket/node_Q6F0168KCLbe/root_K3BHNB8005gv/vroot_CB1HCVHLJMge/gvel_2QRBBN6W65gl/theme_uk_aad_3_0/command_AbcPageHandler/output_html
How long does the repair last?
stedee
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol!!!
i`ve had that many cars in the past - i really dont know but i was going to try just either showing the block of rubber and hoping the local spares shop will know - i think it was a gearbox mount btw.

oh zenith is that bodge any good, ie does it last? sounds like an easy solution
ZeNiTh-PbArM
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I suppose the 3M product you mentioned is ok.
I remember the one i bought having a different sticker on the cartridge, but packaging may have changed.
I hate doing this kind of repair as i prefer working "by the rules" but since the parts are not availaible any more...what the hell!
I know of a P4 i've fixed that way, it was two years ago and it's still ok. The owner has probably done 20 000 miles already on the repair...

All the best,
zp
tempra2
Alfasud

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The front rubber mounts are slightly cracked but solid thankfully - I understand these are not available anywhere which is worrying. If anyone has a seconhand set in reasonable condition I'd like to purchase them - and perhaps see if I can find a source; maybe Panda 4X4 mounts or (Probably too big) but Vw Golf or even T3 Transporter mounts as these are all Steyr Puch systems too.

Doesn't look like the Golf Syncro 1991 is going to yield a suitable substitute for the front viscous mount 60572375 Sad

[url] http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f357/tempra/106100.png [/url][/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum