Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

1.7 series 3 heater broken

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve UK
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: 1.7 series 3 heater broken Reply with quote

The heater fan switch only on my 1.7 i.e. appears to work at 2 speeds - off or full on.

Can someone tell what has broken to cause this as it's summer and I need air but not so it make my eyes water!

Steve UK
Marcin
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are four or five (can't remember) blue wires going from the fan switch. Check their connection.

Marcin
Steve UK
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

Is the switch easy to remove to get at it's wiring or will I need to dismantle the dash?

Steve
Marcin
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As your car has Alfa-control you probably will have to dismantle the dash, BUT: if you remove the plastic shelfs/speaker holders you find two screws that connect the heater control unit to your middle console (one screw on each side). Undo the screws and you'll be able to move/turn the control unit in order to get to the connectors. It's quite tricky as there is not much space for your hands to operate, and probably you will find yourself dismantling the dash anyhow, but for a preliminary inspection it's worth trying.

Good luck

Marcin
Steve UK
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The wiring seems ok. An Alfa dealer i spoke to said it could be a resistor gone. Anyone know where I may find it and if i'm on the right track?

thanks

Steve
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: