Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Series 1 1.5 Single Carb - Duel carb

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:24 am    Post subject: Series 1 1.5 Single Carb - Duel carb Reply with quote

What is needed to upgrade a 1.5 single carb to a duel carb format.

Do you have to replace the head's? If not what happens to the water chanel which runs in the inlet manifold?
Matthew Kirkcaldie
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:28 am    Post subject: Replace the heads Reply with quote

I had a single carb engine transplanted from a rusted out Sprint into my 33. I hated the single carb performance and so I asked my mechanic to put our existing twin carb setup onto the engine. The inlet ports are different, so sure enough it required a head transplant. That worked with a standard gasket kit and took a bit of fiddle, but everything has worked well for six months now, and the performance is vastly improved from the single carb.
Dick

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:32 pm    Post subject: I can help/... Reply with quote

Hi.. If your in Oz ..... I can source for you an inlet manifold especialy for the purpose single to twin carbi conversion... It fits the single carbi head.... and has better flow than the tstandard twin manifold.

Is a new item.... if you are interested let me know and ill find a price...

RIch
Shaun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:52 am    Post subject: I'm in South Africa Reply with quote

Sorry Dick but I'm in South Africa.

Now your got me interested, who built the minifold, do you have the plans?
Is there any way I can still get it from you?

And finally what's the price?

Thanx.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum