Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Loony on the track

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott Sander
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:50 pm    Post subject: Loony on the track Reply with quote

Hey, so did anyone else see the loony on the track at Silverstone during the F1 boys race? Any idea what it was about Question
Ian M
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peace protester I think
James Granger
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is believed to be a 56-year-old Irish priest, called Father Neil Horan, originally from Scartaglen, Co Kerry, but now living and working in London.

Dressed in an orange kilt, with a Star of David pinned to the front, a green shirt and brandishing a banner reading "Read the Bible, the Bible is always right", the man caused cars to swerve wildly as they swept down the straight. If he got hit it would have made 'smashing entertainment'.

Father Horan, who is based in Clapham, London, was ordained at St Peter's in Wexford in 1973. In recent weeks he has been issuing appeals to the media to highlight events in the Middle East which, he believes, form part of a Bible prophecy foreshadowing the end of the world in the "Armageddon of a third World War". To highlight his beliefs, Father Horan dances in public places wearing what he describes as "Irish national costume" as part of a "dance for peace".

"Over the next few weeks," reads Father Horan's statement, "I will, God willing, be parading in front of media buildings, in different parts of London, as a personal witness to this appeal [for peace in the Middle East]. I will be doing my peace dance to symbolise the wholesome entertainment which will fill the Earth. I am not a prophet, I am only the interpreter of the prophets."

Loved the tackle, should have been below the waist though.

Last edited by James Granger on Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scott Sander
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess he did not read the 10 Commandments before he did what he did and could have done.

It is just lucky that none of the drivers wound up having him as a hood ornament.

The coverage in Australia was just about to go to a commercial break and they interrupted it because they showed the footage of him running down the track.
Dnavey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:04 am    Post subject: haha Reply with quote

yeah scott i was watching that and i was about to get up when the ad break came on then they went straight back to the coverage of the guy running....very funny stuff...i bet if it was in the last couple laps one of the cars woulda swerved towards him Twisted Evil

added enjoyment to the race i must say..

(wonder if a ferrari f1 engine will fit in my alfa Sad )

Davide

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Britain just as the commentator was saying "Oh no theres a..."
They went to the break anyway
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum