Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Max temp warning light

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ady_botos

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 2:36 pm    Post subject: Max temp warning light Reply with quote

Hello there,

I have only one question: where is connected the max temp warning light to the engine (the sensor where is situated) ?

tnx
BILL
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
in my engine is located near the engine number next to the oil stick.Its a blue color sencor(from what i remember). I think it works with - power (if you want to see if the light works).
BILL
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
i am sorry its NOT A BLUE sensor but one with metal look (the blue is for the water temp for the ecu).
ady_botos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found some sensor near the oil stick, but after I deconected this sensor, the max temp warning light was still on. In fact my problem is that the max temp warning light flickers all the time.It doesnt matter if the engine is cold/hot, the light is flickering, but the temp sensor works fine. I really dont know whats the problem.
BILL
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if even it is disconected you get a red light this means that the cable somewere touches the car body and gets power.You can try with another cable conected to the sensor and at the red light at the instrument board.If it comes OK then you must check the car cable where its worn(i suppose its a very difficult job to do).Or attend a repair shop to do it for you.
ady_botos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sensor near the oil stick is the right one? Does this sensor connect to the max temp warning light?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum