Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Wont start

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
graeme
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 2:52 pm    Post subject: Wont start Reply with quote

My 16v won't start and suspect idle control valve. Can someone please confirm which way the arrow should point ie away from or towards the plenum.

Any other ideas why it wont start? I have spark, fuel in injector rail and dry plugs. Injectors click away on diagnostics, but idle controller doesn't tick/tock, just tock/buzz!
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The arrow points away from the plenum into the hoses (ie, points in the direction of airflow).

Do the injectors click away as you crank the engine?

All the best

Keith
graeme
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: Injectors Reply with quote

Hard to tell because of noise cranking engine. If I take a connector off the injector and put a voltmeter on it the voltage starts at 0.5v and drops to zero over a period of about 5 seconds, so I assume it's not firing.

If I run the disgnostic (Output periphery test) the injectors click away no problem and the bulb flashes the code. It then goes on to test the Idle Adjustment Actuator which goes tock/buzz with no code flashed. On one occassion it did go tick/tock and the correct code flashed out so I know how it's supposed to sound.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Does sounds strange. I just bought some noid lights for checking injectors which were quite cheap. Might be worth getting a set. Got them from http://www.internationaltool.co.uk/

All the best

Keith
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: