Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

~~WANTED: Fuel injectors + Fuel rail from boxer engine~~

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> For Sale & Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alfa145uk
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: ~~WANTED: Fuel injectors + Fuel rail from boxer engine~~ Reply with quote

Hi guys/gals...

I am trying to find 2 fuel injectors & the fuel rail from an injected boxer engine. I don't need the connectors as I have a few spare.

This is for a project, so shuold not matter which bank they are from.

FYI: I'm an admin on an Alfa 145/146 forum, and the project is a supercharged 2.0 TS engine, and the plan is to run an extra 2 extra injectors, instead of max'ing a one injector out. The charger is an Eaton M45 from a mini cooper s, the intercooler is from a fiat coupe turbo, all I need is the injectors + ECU (Unichip) then we can see what happens!
Read about it here: http://www.alfa145.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=64

Cheers for the time taken to read... obivously I'd be more grafetul if someone could come up with the goods!

AJ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Peter D
Alfasud

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject: Fuel injectors Reply with quote

I have bad experience with mounting an extra fuel injector in combination with Unichip (on a turbo engine).

The company itself, who did this thing to gain enough fuel, later said that our problem with pinking was because the extra injector did not deliver equally to all cylinders because of the different flow to each cylinder in inlet manifold. Therefore one cylinder might still get too lean a mixture.

Better solution to find 4 bigger injectors.

I later totally changed the whole system and fitted a EFI Euro96 computer management system. Much better!

I also noted that you wrote about the sequence:

Airfilter - AFM - Supercharger - Intercooler - throttle body

I do not think that you can have the throttle body AFTER the supercharger, because the supercharger will deliver all the air that it sucks in, and you will get an astronomically high pressure between the supercharger and the throttle body. You will have to mount the throttle body before the supercharger, so that you restricht the volume of air that it sucks in. (I have a supercharger on one of my present cars and working on a new project also).

Peter (DK)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> For Sale & Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: