Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Choke Size?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Serpent33
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:38 am    Post subject: Choke Size? Reply with quote

Does anyone wants to share the choke sizes tried for 1.7? Original is 32. Tried 33.3 and it worked well with my set up with cams and raised cr. But I kindda experienced detonation under low rev excessive loading.
alexj
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are happy with the mid range and top end performance with the new chokes (I assume you re-jetted to suit?), then maybe you are better off trying a higher octance fuel (if available), octane booster, or getting your distributer recurved to suit (maybe there is now too much advance at lower revs).

On the other hand, a cam with more overlap will result in poor cylinder filling at lower revs and might mask your problem! Of course you will probably need to rejet again.

By the way, where did you get the 33.3mm chokes (I guess you mean main venturi)? Were these for weber or dellorto?

Regards, Lex
1982 Alfasud Ti 1.5
Serpent33
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a lathe machine.

ok. Would you be able to comment on these jettings? 155 main jet, 170 air jet, 33.3 choke size. Am I right to assume that the carbs will lean out as choke size goes up?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: