Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

compression test

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anthony....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 10:30 am    Post subject: compression test Reply with quote

Sad was a tad displeased to note that i have 3 cylinders with 180 psi and one with 120 also a light ticking noise evident when the engine is cold also the engine has much greater torque lowdown at cold then once warmed ...i know i will need to remove offending head but am i to expect a burnt valve or a dud ring

Thank
Ian M
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 3:52 pm    Post subject: compression test Reply with quote

Could be either,valve may not be burnt though,could just be coked and need rerubbing.
Gary UK
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the loss of power are you drawing air heated by the radiator (and engine to a lesser extent) from the engine bay rather than cold exterior air. This could account for the loss of power. A well placed induction air ram will force more cold air in the faster you go.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: