Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

1.7 IE ('92?) Wiring diagram

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wizz
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: 1.7 IE ('92?) Wiring diagram Reply with quote

Hello everybody! Been quite a while since I've been here to the Alfa Pages... But then again, my 1.5 IE '33 has been running very well! Almost no problems to speak of.

Untill I killed the engine that is.. Confused
(For those who are interested, here's a link to a 30MB movie of the demise) (sound is a must)
I don't know what killed it yet. But it was completely drained of oil when that movie was shot. I don't know it that was because of the problem, or it was the cause for the problem. Wink

Anyway, I've bought a cheap 1.7 IE instead, including gearbox and ECU (thankfully!). My father and I installed the engine this weekend, and it runs like a dream! Damn the 1.7 is powerfull compared to the 1.5, which was still fun! The torque is just great!

However, since the 1.5 was with the Bosch LE3 Jetronic ECU, and the new 1.7 is the Bosch MP3.1 one, the electrical system is quite different.. For starters, where is the sensor for the rev. counter? Shocked On the 1.5 it was connected to the power distributor (sp?), but there is no such thing on the new one.

Also, the fuel vapor system is not hooked up yet, but it runs fine as it is, so that'll have to wait.

Cheers!

Ah yes.. On the way home from the garage, the gearbox quit on me, joy oh joy! It locked the wheels. Sad
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 1.7 IE ('92?) Wiring diagram Reply with quote

Wizz wrote:
For starters, where is the sensor for the rev. counter? Shocked On the 1.5 it was connected to the power distributor (sp?), but there is no such thing on the new one.

From the ECU from my memory.

I do actually have the full wiring diagrams for the later 33 but never got round to scanning them (would be a few weeks work!).

All the best

Keith
Wizz
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 1.7 IE ('92?) Wiring diagram Reply with quote

Admin wrote:

From the ECU from my memory.

I do actually have the full wiring diagrams for the later 33 but never got round to scanning them (would be a few weeks work!).

Hmm, on the ECU there are 4 things: 1) the main connector, 2) the air flow tube, 3) a wire loop, might be for octane-selection, or 1.5 / 1.7 configuration, and 4) a 3-wire connector, which is currently not connected - we figured it might be for diagnostics?

We can't figure out where on the engine-block the sensor is, but as you say, the ECU might have it. But the connector on the ECU mentioned as 4, isn't really compatible with the old connector that went on the power distributor on the 1.5 Confused

How many pages are the wiring diagrams? approx.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Checked the wiring diagram. On the MP3.1 cars the rev counter drive is from the ECU connector (S11), pin 21. Think it is a white wire.

Wiring diagrams for the 1992/3 cars goes up to 394 pages.

All the best

Keith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: