Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

oil pressure sender

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scotauto
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:49 pm    Post subject: oil pressure sender Reply with quote

I've just bought an alfa 33 Very Happy and after two engines and three gearboxes I've finally got it running correctly. The problem is the wiring loom is in a real mess I've got most of the electrical things working now except for the oil pressure guage. The oil pressure light on the dash is working normally but the guage reads blank. Is the feed for the pressure guage the same as the light? Question
I also have two dipsticks one without connections on the end and the other without . Could this be the pressure guage feed. (The connections are broken of but I can see there has been some.)
Any advice is appreciatted
scotauto
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A decent wiring diagram download would be good Laughing Laughing Laughing
TimoJ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:27 pm    Post subject: Repair book Reply with quote

Hi

You can find factory repair manuals here-->
http://www.cuoresportivo.pl/__stare33/33_dok.html

These are for series 1&2, hope these help You.

TimoJ (Fin)
scotauto
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks but I've already got these downloaded. The diagrams are very difficult to read. I have everything working now except that oil pressure sensor! oh and the speedo, but I haven't looked at that yet. (Too busy fixing everyone elses car so can't fix my own!!!)

Is it just me or are the brakes shit on these cars? I feel it won't stop then suddenly I lock up the front wheels. It feels really lively also as if it's going to throw you of the road in the direction you're steering.
bobbber
P4

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep... The 33 goes like a rocket, but stops like a pram! Laughing

You could try 'upgrading' the discs and pads - I'm not quite sure why the 33's brakes are so poor. It's light compared to more modern cars - so the braking should be good really Exclamation
scotauto
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the pads are perhaps already upgraded and need to be warm before they work. The discs are new.
I forgot to mention to get the electrics working I removed two half fitted alarms and a whole paper bin of wires including eight relays!!!!! Confused Confused
bobbber
P4

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the electrics work?!?!? Surprised

Still restoring mine... and the bloke who had it previously - looks like he was a bodger!!! LOL! So I probably have that top come!

Rob
scotauto
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought mine last week with a complete doner car and three vans full of parts!! The guy I bought it from has, as often happens, got tired of it.
I got it for a song Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy with almost a full syn(that an MOT in Denmark were I live except it is for two years Wink )
I've even considering restoring the donor car because the only thing I have used from it has been the engine and some fuses! so it is pretty much complete.
P.s. Just so you know I am from Scotland living in Denmark
Eddie W
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys
I've seen a diagram somewhere of a bracket to brace the master cylinder to the engine bulkhead which which sharpens the pedal response. Imade up something to do the same but is perhaps a little simpler. Iused a longish flanged nut and apiece of bolt to suit and with some filing ,cutting etc came up with a setup that locates in the dimple in the end of the master cylinder and pushes on the engine bulkhead. This means that some of pedal travel isn't used in flexing the firewall. So far I feel there is a detectable difference. I'm going to try it on my daughters car and if that improves as well I'll try and post a drawing on the forum.
Regards Eddie
Peter D
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 1:03 pm    Post subject: Oil pressure sensor Reply with quote

The oil pressure sensor (for illuminating the lamp) is sitting next to the oilfilter.

The special oil dipstick can of course not measure any pressure, but it is the level measuring device for models with such a control lamp on the dashboard.

If you have an oil pressure gauge, the sensor is sitting just in the middle on top of the engine (that is on Alfasud ti's). On Alfa 33 there is just a bolt in the hole, but you can then easily fit an oil pressure gauge if you want to.

Peter (DK)
Alfa Romeo Klub Danmark
www.alfaklub.dk
scotauto
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips. The sender is broken!!
Carl
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:35 am    Post subject: Sender and gauge connections Reply with quote

Does anyone have the pinout to use for wiring up the gauge and sender?
I have both, but no connection points on my loom so I have to wire it up myself, except I don't know what pins are for what at either end....

Thanks,
-Carl
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum