Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Wanted Shocks

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> For Sale & Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james
Alfasud

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Wanted Shocks Reply with quote

Hi

The car has Konis on there at the mo, but she failed the MOT on saturday, so i need to get some shocks. Its the passenger side, front and Rear.

So wheres the best and cheepest place to get them from, not sure if its worth sticking to Konis or not, as thay where put on in 2001, so thay did't last long.

Cheers

J

I would have done but i could not see any nice ones, so on the end i went for a 145 QV. Very happy with it Very Happy

But still looking for a nice cheep 33 cloverleaf.
tvatavuk
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, only 3 years. Konis had lifetime waranty for many shocks on few european markets. In this case Lifetime was cars not shocks time.
KONI sell repair kits, so you might want to try that also.
Last thing I heard about it, it was possible to buy yellow kit and rebuild red KONIs with it.
Ken McCarthy
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject: Wanted Shocks Reply with quote

James

Konis can be serviced/repaired and there are people here (Brisbane, Australia) who do that for about AUD75 each. I don't know about doing it yourself but it may be possible.

Failure would be unusual I think but the performance will fall off over time. Three years life sounds a bit strange though. What have you been doing to them? I would certainly check out the warranty angle if you have the original purchase documents.

Regards
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> For Sale & Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: